It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s social media.
Do you feel like the world is shifting under your feet? I know I do. Marketing, communications, and customer service are changing and morphing like Joan Rivers’ face, and social media is the most-frequent agent of that change.
Guessing what’s next in social media is everyone’s favorite blog parlor game, as evidenced by this: The Colossal Ultimate List of 2010 Social Media Predictions – featuring a whopping
278 285 hunches, sure-things, and wild-ass guesses.
Which do you believe?
- 100 Social Media & Content Marketing Predictions for 2010 (by Joe Pulizzi on Junta42)
- (31) 2010 Predictions: Will Social Media Reach Ubiquity? (by Jennifer Leggio on ZDNet)
- (23) Sports and Social Media Predictions in 2010 (by Jason Peck on Take a Peck)
- 12 Social Media New Year’s Resolutions for 2010 (by Greg Finn on Search Engine Land)
- 11 Smart Marketers Shared Their 2010 Predictions (by Beth Harte on MarketingProfs Daily Fix)
- 10 + 1 Trends and Changes for the Social Web in 2010 (by Axel Schultze on Social Media Academy Blog)
- 10 Ways Social Media Will Change in 2010 (by Ravit Lichtenberg from Ustrategy.com on Read Write Web)
- 10 Web Trends to Watch in 2010 (by Pete Cashmore on CNN)
- 10 Trends to Watch in 2010 (by David Stutts on Luckie ReThinkTank)
- 10 Social Media 2010 Predictions (by Emily Reeves on Stone Ward Interactive Meetings)
- 8 Social Media Predictions for 2010 (by Rachel Winchester on Navstar)
- 7 Social Media and Web Analytics Predictions for 2010 (by Marshall Sponder on WebMetricsGuru)
- 7 Trends for Social Media in 2010 (by Gretchen Miller on Vitrue blog)
- 6 Social Media Trends for 2010 (by David Armano on Harvard Business blog)
- Looking Ahead to (6 things in) 2010 with Shiv Singh (by Mary Ellen Slayter on SmartBlog on Social Media)
- eMarketer Weighs in on (6) 2010 Trends: Social Media & Paid Content (by eMarketer)
- Five Social Media Tips for 2010 (by Patricio Robles on Econsultancy blog)
- Five Social Media Predictions for 2010 (by Joel Postman on Socialized)
- Four Predictions About Social Media for the Coming Year (by Nona Patrick on Inside Tucson Business)
- 3 Social Media Trends That Will Drive 2010 (by Paul Chaney on SmartBrief on Social Media)
- Social Media 2010: It’s Time to Get Boring (great chart from Jackie Huba on Church of the Customer blog)
- Social Media Predictions Wordle (Great word cloud of 12 sets of predictions from John McCory)
I’m sure I’ve missed some predictions out there. Will you leave them in the comments, and I’ll add them to the post? Thanks.
(photo by benleto)