About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Tatiana Holifield, VP/Head of Digital Strategy at Pacers Sports & Entertainment, shares how the Indiana Pacers leverage social, coordinate teams, and how they have diversified their organization.
Prepare for the ‘Social Pro lifestyle’
Life as a social media practitioner is not as glamorous as the Instagram superstar influencers would have you believe. The reality of being a social pro in modern society is that you’re going to be glued to your phone (or laptop, tablet, etc.) 24/7. So, if you want to become a successful social media professional, you must live and breathe social.
Tatiana Holifield, the VP/Head of Digital Strategy at Pacers Sports & Entertainment, is a force to be reckoned with and is making a huge impact on the way the Pacers use social media. She has helped to structure new roles, coordinate teams, build compelling content and brand strategies, and so much more. Although she loves her job and has a genuine passion for social media, Tatiana admits that life as a social pro can be quite taxing.
As Tatiana states in this episode, if you want to become a social pro, you must be prepared for the busy lifestyle that comes with it. As a social pro, you’ll wear multiple hats and you’ll have to learn how to balance every facet of the job with your personal life.
In This Episode:
- 05:47 – How Tatiana approaches managing multiple brand’s social media accounts
- 07:22 – How Pacers structure their teams and roles within the organization
- 10:45 – How Tatiana and her team measure the performance of their content
- 14:04 – How content creation has changed for the Pacers in light of COVID-19
- 22:55 – A look at the level of coordination being done between different business entities of the league
- 26:25 – How important paid social is to the Pacers
- 30:13 – How the Pacers engage with fans on Reddit
- 38:10 – Tatiana explains their KPI ‘total footprint growth’ and what it measures
- 40:05 – How the Pacers have diversified their workforce
Quotes From This Episode:
“We use Reddit for discovery and content… reading to hear what our core fan base are talking about” – Tatiana Holifield
“People want compelling content, no matter what it is” – Tatiana Holifield
“This is not for the faint of heart…your life will revolve around being glued to your smartphone & computer” – Tatiana Holifield
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s e-book “Boost Sales Productivity: Get More from Your Sales Team”
- Find out how you can launch your first LinkedIn campaign with $100!
- Connect with Tatiana on LinkedIn
- Find out more about the Pacers and upcoming games