About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Christopher S. Penn, Co-Founder of Trust Insights and Co-Host of the Marketing Over Coffee podcast, discusses the role and impact of artificial intelligence in the digital marketing universe.
The AI Landscape in Marketing
Whispers in tech labs, digital marketing agencies and offices around the world disclose a certain amount of trepidation that computers will take over jobs. The evolution of artificial intelligence is relentless.
You could leave the room to grab a cup of coffee, and by the time you sit back down at your desk, you’ll read headlines promising a new, more advanced model for natural language generation or even content creation. But, is this enough of a reason for marketers and those working in creative industries to feel intimidated or threatened by AI?
As Christopher S. Penn predicts, in the near future, either your job will be to manage the machines, or the machines will manage you. But, if you learn to prepare your career for AI and understand how you can harness its power without making yourself redundant, you’ll secure your position for many years to come.
In This Episode:
- 06:18 – How AI will impact digital marketing and creative roles
- 09:18 – How AI can assist with content generation and the decision-making process
- 15:24 – How social media professionals can harness the power of AI
- 19:55 – The difference between algorithms and artificial intelligence
- 22:17 – Why businesses need to think about the problems they can solve with AI before investing in the software
- 25:55 – How you can use AI to forecast search terms for your marketing campaigns
- 29:16 – How an organization’s ethics influences AI applications and software
- 35:09 – Why natural language generation is the ‘next big thing’ in AI marketing
Quotes From This Episode:
“Artificial intelligence is about getting a machine to replicate human intelligence features.” – @cspenn
There are massive planetary impacts to not having ethics as a core part of your organization. Click To Tweet
“If you can add ‘template’ next to your job role in Google search, you’ve got a job that a machine can take over very soon.” – @cspenn
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce here.
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners here.
- Get your 14-day FREE trial of Pattern89’s creative planner to help reduce costs and increase revenue on Facebook and Instagram
- Get Chris’ new book AI For Marketers: An Introduction and Primer
- Awaken your superhero by visiting Chris’ website here.
- Learn more about Chris’ AI consulting firm, Trust Insights, here.
- Listen to the Marketing Over Coffee podcast here.
- Subscribe to Chris’ Almost Timely Newsletter here.
- Grab the FREE Ethics and Data Science book here.
- Follow @cspenn on Twitter here.
- Get your FREE copy of The CMO Survey here.