About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Minter Dial, Professional Speaker & Author, Mydial LLP, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about the importance of blending your personal and professional life. We also discuss his book, “You Lead,” which claims that your biggest asset in leadership is you.
Being Yourself Makes You a Better Leader
How can you become the type of leader that your team respects and trusts? Minter Dial (Professional Speaker & Author, Mydial LLP) believes that becoming a better leader is as simple as being yourself.
Minter’s book, “You Lead,” teaches leaders from every industry how to lead with authenticity. He argues that the most successful leaders are those who embrace their true selves. If you don’t know yourself, you will struggle to be an effective leader. It’s clear that leadership is changing and whether you aspire to be a better leader (or you create social media content on behalf of a leader), understanding this change is critical to your success and self-worth.
As Minter discusses in this episode of the podcast, you must work on yourself to become a better leader before creating better teams. He also talked about the importance of building trust and building it over time “by doing what you say, saying what you do, and being consistent.”
In This Episode:
- 06:18 – Why the nature of leadership is more important now than ever
- 07:48 – Why Minter Dial’s book, “You Lead,” focuses on the power of intuition
- 11:50 – How concepts of what makes a leader are changing
- 15:29 – The recipe for success for modern-day leaders
- 19:09 – How social media leaders can use “but” vs. “and” when giving their team instructions or feedback
- 22:05 – The importance of understanding the liberties and constraints you operate under
- 26:10 – How to bridge the recognition gap amongst social media professionals
- 29:08 – How expectations for CMO’s has changed and how to avoid burnout
- 31:58 – Why you need to align your personal and professional life
- 34:29 – Minter reveals whether he agrees with the idea that the “most human brand wins”
Quotes From This Episode:
We are human beings. We've got to bring our humanity & not try to be constantly perfect. Click To Tweet
“The exceptional person is the one that brings an extra flair, creativity & unexpected visions”
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Find out if your website is ADA & WCAG compliant with help from aCe
- Get $30 off of your Tailwind Subscription!
- Read Minter Dial’s book, “You Lead”
- Check out Minter Dial’s website