About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Brian Fanzo, Digital Futurist at iSocialFanz, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the new social media platform that everyone’s talking about – Clubhouse. We discuss how this voice-only app is making waves in the social media world and how you can use it as part of your own strategy.
Prioritizing Conversation Over Content
Is Clubhouse the only social media platform that prioritizes conversation over content?
Brian Fanzo, Digital Futurist at iSocialFanz, says that the new app is a unique platform that could create a type of dialogue never seen before on social media.
As an invite-only, audio-only platform, Clubhouse focuses on real conversations and a new style of networking. Unlike other social media platforms, it’s not all about creating consistent content. Instead, the app provides intimate spaces to connect and share ideas.
As Brian says in this podcast episode, Clubhouse is all about authenticity, which is much harder to fake than on other platforms.
Join the After Party!
After this episode, we’re continuing the discussion – on Clubhouse itself!
Join us on March 1st at 10 am ET for the Social Pros Podcast After Party: Clubhouse for Brands with Jay Baer & Brian Fanzo.
In This Episode:
- 05:23 – What is Clubhouse, and how does it work?
- 09:14 – The power of audio and the authenticity of Clubhouse
- 12:21 – How conversations on this new app are organized by rooms and clubs
- 17:40 – The different types of content and conversations available on Clubhouse
- 18:49 – How 2020 events influenced Clubhouse’s rise in popularity
- 24:42 – Brian predicts where the growth within Clubhouse will go and how to leverage it as a social pro
- 30:54 – How brands can use Clubhouse
- 37:00 – How to multitask with Clubhouse
- 43:23 – How Clubhouse approaches monetization and moderation
- 45:07 – The pros and cons of Clubhouse
- 53:37 – Tips for becoming a Clubhouse pro.
Quotes From This Episode:
The authenticity in Clubhouse is, you have to consistently show up as yourself…and that consistency is really hard to fake Click To Tweet
“The true power is in admitting what you don’t know because it adds validity to what you do know.”
“That intimacy and idea that we don’t have to put on a show on video, but we’re able to talk…means we can show 100% of our perfectly imperfect selves.”
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Find out if your website is ADA & WCAG compliant with help from aCe
- Get $30 off of your Tailwind Subscription!
- Join Clubhouse
- iSocialFanz website
- Brian’s website