About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Anthony Yepez, Associate Director of Social Strategy at Digitas North America, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss why current customers should be the center of your social media strategy.
Putting People First on Social Media
What should you focus on most of all in social media? Is it the metrics, posting schedule, viral content…or is it the people themselves?
Anthony Yepez says you should focus not just on potential customers and follower count but also on your current customers. He says that “your current customers are the gateway to prospective new customers,” and yet many businesses overlook that.
Anthony, Associate Director of Social Strategy at Digitas, shares his tips for connecting with your audience and how he gets brands to succeed on social media. In this episode, he shares what he believes are common mistakes in social and why it’s so important to listen to your audience. Anthony believes you should always “have a human element to your social media” and focus on real connections above all.
In This Episode:
- 4:12 – How working remotely has affected social media agencies
- 4:54 – The core elements of a successful social strategy
- 6:10 – How far out you can realistically plan a social strategy
- 7:31 – Why communication and processes are key to working remotely with clients
- 9:07 – Which remote communication tools Anthony and his team use
- 9:47 – Why you should join the Social Media Marketers (SMM) Slack group
- 13:41 – Anthony’s take on Clubhouse
- 15:54 – Which success metrics clients pay too much attention to
- 18:02 – When to encourage clients to join a new social media channel
- 23:53 – How social pros experience social media burnout
- 28:23 – The importance of listening to your audience
- 30:51 – Why Anthony thinks brands that focus on current customers do better
- 31:53 – The challenge of explaining social media strategies to customers
- 36:14 – Anthony’s tip for becoming a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
Understand your passion and where you want to be in social media. Click To Tweet
“That’s why some people do so great on social. They understand their community because they’re humans connecting with their audience.” – @AnthonyYepez
“Your current customers are the gateway to prospective new customers.” – @AnthonyYepez
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Upfluence’s Brand Influence Ranking Report
- Find out if your website is ADA & WCAG compliant with help from accessiBe
- Digitas’ website