Are you a freelance writer who wants to speed up your writing process? Or are you a marketer trying to make your content production processes more efficient?
If so, you will find AI writing assistants helpful.
An AI writing assistant is an application that uses artificial intelligence technology to help writers create and proofread content effortlessly. Some AI writing assistants automatically generate written content on demand.
In this article, I’ll take you through some of the best AI writing assistants on the market today. I’ll also list their benefits for marketers, writers, and other content creators.
Let’s get started.
How Do AI Writing Assistants Work?
Different AI writing assistants have different purposes and functionalities.
Essentially, AI writing assistants help with different aspects of the content creation process and to different degrees that are essential to creating quality content. Quality content always indicates good signals to Google’s ranking algorithm.
Some will just check grammar while others will automate the entire writing process. For instance, a grammar-checking tool like Grammarly proofreads content by applying standard grammar rules to the text provided.
These tools also help marketers to build high-quality backlinks with guest posting on good authority websites. With the help of these tools, you can write quality content that has a high chance of accepting your content to high quality.
Some AI writing assistants create content by analyzing existing text, extracting words from that text, and combining those words in new ways to create new pieces of content. It helps to create selling content that increases sales on Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms.
Sometimes, they will also read the sample text that you provide and use it as a template for creating content.
Top 4 AI Writing Assistants
AI writing assistants can be categorized into two segments. One that takes care of spelling, grammar, punctuation, clarity, engagement, and delivery mistakes. The second automatically generates content for writers.
I’ll suggest the top AI writing assistants for both these categories.
So, let’s get started.
Image via Grammarly
Grammarly is an AI-powered proofreading assistant for checking spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and plagiarism in a piece of content.
It can be integrated across almost every page and app on your browser, including email, Google Docs, MS Office, WordPress, Facebook, and more.
Grammarly is renowned for detecting grammar and spelling errors, especially those that are easy to miss by writers. Grammarly is one of the best SEO investments for businesses.
You can also integrate Grammarly into your sales and marketing software like sales CPQ, email automation, etc. This escalates the quality of your customer communications.
What makes Grammarly the best AI writing assistant is that it provides a forever free plan in addition to a premium plan. Although the free plan doesn’t offer advanced writing suggestions, it’s enough for most people who’re not professional writers.
- Grammar and Spelling Checks: Grammarly is quick and accurate in identifying language errors.
- Vocabulary Enhancements: Helps improve writing by suggesting the most appropriate words at the most appropriate places.
- Context and Sentence Structure Check: Improves readability faster than human beings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Integration: You don’t necessarily have to use the dedicated Grammarly app to use its features. The tool integrates with browsers, Windows, MS Office, Google Docs, etc..
- Keyboard: For Android and iOS devices, Grammarly offers dedicated keyboards to help avoid language errors.
- Plagiarism Checker: Unlimited usage for plagiarism detection.
- Free plan
- Premium: $30/month for one month, $60/month for three months, $144/month for one year
- Business: $12.5/month/user for 3 to 9 members, $12.08/month/user for 10 to 49 members, $11.67/month/user for 50 to 149 members
2. Flick AI
Image via Flick.Social
Coming up with new content ideas for social media platforms is a constant struggle. But, not with Flick.
Flick is an AI writing assistant that can revolutionize the social media content creation process. It is like having a talented writing partner, right at your fingertips.
Whether you need help with brainstorming ideas, structuring your thoughts, or finding the right words, Flick can help with all of it and more.
All you need to do is tell Flick what you need help with. Flick will provide tips and suggestions to make your writing shine. It can also correct your mistakes, from spelling and grammar to style and tone.
That’s not all. Flick can also inspire you with creative prompts and offer alternative phrases to make your writing more engaging.
It’s a great proofreading tool that you can use to proofread contracts and official documents before sending them for online signing using eSign tools such as DocuSign alternatives.
- Multifunctional AI Assistant: Besides serving as an AI writing assistant, Flick can also perform various tasks like setting reminders, tracking hashtags, generating analytics reports, and more.
- Personalized suggestions: Flick learns from your writing style and offers personalized suggestions, making its recommendations more relevant to your voice and preferences.
- Editing and proofreading: It can review your written work, spot errors, suggest modifications, and improve the overall quality of your writing.
- Hashtag generator: Flick allows you to create and experiment with different collections of hashtags.
- Scheduling: The easy-to-use scheduler makes planning, creating, and publishing your content a breeze.
- User-friendly interface: Flick offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, ideal for users of all levels of writing expertise.
- Solo: £11 per month (approx. $14)
- Pro: £30 per month (approx. $39)
- Agency: £68 per month (approx. $86)
Image via Writesonic
Writesonic is an AI content writing assistant that lets you generate content for your website or social media marketing strategy. It’s like having a freelance writer on call 24/7. You can provide a few keywords, a brief product description, or some phrases, and it will return a wide range of computer-generated results.
It can generate content landing pages, product descriptions, ads etc. from just a few keywords.
- AI Article Writer: Creates unique, original, and long-form content that’s engaging and coherent.
- Paraphrasing Tool: Rewrites your paragraphs in various styles to avoid plagiarism.
- Text Expander: Helps you amplify your text by adding more value to it.
- Article Summarizer: Creates a summary for your article or any piece of content.
- Product Descriptions: Creates epic product descriptions for your ecommerce landing pages.
- Ad Copy: Helps you create high-performing copy for social media ads and Google Ads.
- Quora Answers: Creates Quora answers to help you grow your brand and drive traffic to your website.
- Free: Free for up to 2,500 words
- Short-Form: Starts from $10/month for 12,000 words
- Long-Form: Starts from $13/month for 15,000 words
Image via Hypotenuse AI
Hypotenuse AI is a versatile AI-powered content marketing platform with a wide range of tools for all your writing needs.
By leveraging state-of-the-art technology, Hypotenuse AI has created writing assistants that can produce full-length blog articles from just a few keywords. With this, copywriters and SEO content marketers can easily kickstart any content brief, outline, or draft.
Meanwhile, businesses and ecommerce shops can utilize the product description generator to create high-converting, SEO-friendly content for any product or service page.
Hypotenuse AI’s paraphrasing tool can also help you rewrite and repurpose all types of content. Simply paste your text and select a tone that suits your purpose, and the tool will generate unique and quality content in no time at all.
- Article Generator: Generate unique and high-quality blog posts from just a single line of text.
- Product Description Generator: Produce thousands of SEO-optimized product descriptions in just a few minutes.
- Headlines and Slogans: Create memorable and captivating slogans for any business.
- Paraphrasing Tool: Automatically enhance the quality and readability of your content in various tones.
- Summarizing tool: Simplify long-form articles and documents into bite-sized content.
- Integration: Hypotenuse AI’s tools integrate seamlessly with Shopify and API
- Starter: $29/month for one month, $24/month for one year
- Growth: $59/month for one month, $49/month for one year
- Enterprise: On-demand
Limitations of AI Writing Assistants
While AI writing assistants are helpful tools, it’s important to note that they’re not perfect. They can help in writing marketing portfolio templates for your business proposal submission.
Also, they can help you generate content faster and improve your writing quality, they aren’t a one-size-fits-all solution.
AI writing assistants don’t know who your audience is or what they want to read, so they can’t tailor their content to your readers’ specific needs.
You can use these to generate the first draft of your content, you need to edit it to improve the quality and make it more readable.
AI technology holds plenty of promise for businesses and individuals alike. If you are looking for ways to make your writing more efficient, AI writing assistants are the perfect solution for you.
AI is revolutionizing content creation and if you want to sail in the wind, start using one or more of the AI writing assistants I’ve mentioned in this article.