Headquartered in Corvallis, Oregon
- Social media strategy
- Tactical operational roadmaps
- Ongoing counsel
Oregon State University Ecampus has robust program offerings for full-time students, corporate clients, and professionals seeking ongoing education. All programs are delivered virtually from the same best-in-class faculty and staff of the 150-year-old institution.
While they work within the greater Oregon State University brand, the marketing staff of the Oregon State Ecampus is responsible for all of the social media accounts for the division. With added pressure to increase online enrollment as well as represent the esteemed Ecampus Research Unit (ECRU) and Ecampus Open Educational Resources (EOER) sectors of the school, the team needed support to create and execute an encompassing social media marketing strategy. They partnered with Convince & Convert to create a clear and robust social media strategy that aligns with their content marketing goals, and allow for clear measurement to the business KPIs.
The Oregon State Ecampus marketing team was small but mighty, and they were often pulled in many directions. The team engaged with C&C to accelerate their strategic planning so that the Ecampus could better utilize resources to meet current and growing needs.
Specific challenges included:
- Limited visibility to data as well as understanding what the important measurements should include
- Ensuring the strategy allowed for future growth and nimbleness as needs arose
- Understanding how story-telling impacts customer decision making
- Finding the effective mix of program representation and enrollment goals towards those programs
C&C created a social media strategy for Oregon State Ecampus that encompassed research towards:
- Robust understanding & analysis of key audiences
- Full metrics evaluation and new dashboard recommendation
- Channel specific cadence and storytelling planning
- Social media management process efficiencies to offer greater personalization and community engagement on all channels
In addition to the master strategy, C&C created five prescriptive and detailed playbooks providing the Ecampus team the tactical operations to deploy in exactly the right order to achieve the business objectives to success.
- Increased efficiency of Ecampus marketing staff through strategic plan and larger stakeholder buy-in
- Allowed for “more” to be done with “less” through prioritization and atomization efforts
- Created a clear metrics dashboard for the Ecampus team to show success against business metrics from social media efforts