About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Owen Hemsath, the Founder of Owen Video, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss practical ways to help you create better video content and grow on YouTube.
Do you want to grow on YouTube?
If you’re someone who wants to attract more viewers, more subscribers, and more engagement, you’ve got to optimize your videos for watchability.
Owen Hemsath, the Founder of Owen Video, reveals that one of the biggest mistakes social practitioners make with their video content is that they’ve got tunnel vision for search engine optimization. They’re so focused on optimizing their video content to please the Google gods that they forget to optimize them for the audience that actually matters – humans.
Owen claims that recurring episodic content is hard-wired into the human brain. So, if you want to make YouTube videos, or you want to grow an existing channel, you’ve got to create watchable and binge-worthy videos that present you as an expert and speak to a wider audience.
In This Episode:
• 06:44 – Why more brands need to focus on optimizing video content for watchability
• 09:27 – Why most people fail on YouTube
• 13:09 – How to build episodic shows that perform well on YouTube
• 16:27 – Why episodic video content also works on other social media platforms
• 20:00 – How the subscriber value has decreased significantly
• 27:30 – How important velocity is within the first hour of publishing your video on YouTube
• 31:29 – How to move people from other social media channels to YouTube
• 35:20 – The role that live videos should play in your video content strategy
• 39:40 – A look inside the 4-step process of video production
Quotes From This Episode:
“Build a culture around your YouTube channel.” – @owenvideo
Recurring episodic content is hard wired into the human brain. Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s free e-book, 50 Social Media Best Practices
- Subscribe to Owen Video’s YouTube Channel
- Learn more about The Video Marketing School
- Find out more about Marcus Lemonis
- Check out the video editing company, Video Husky