About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Join Jay Baer and his co-host, Adam Brown, on this special episode of the Social Pros Podcast, where they celebrate the 400th episode of the show by discussing the top social media trends on the horizon for 2020.
Social Media Trends
The Social Pros Podcast launched back in January 2012 and 400 episodes later, we’re still talking about the intriguing and ever-changing world of social media.
A lot has changed since the first episode of the Social Pros Podcast aired. Platforms that once reigned the social kingdom have resigned. Others have emerged victorious and a select few have managed to survive the chaos. More than that, social has grown into an enormous realm of advertising and has provided marketers and businesses with the perfect portal to target and engage with their customers
But, what does the future look like for social? In this special 400th episode of the podcast, we review noteworthy strides in social from 2019 and explore six of the top social media trends on the horizon for 2020 and beyond.
In This Episode:
- 05:13 – Why episodic social content and social media shows will gain momentum
- 10:45 – The future of Facebook and what 2020 holds for Instagram
- 18:18 – Why Instagram direct commerce will continue to be a success
- 20:27 – Whether TikTok is likely to survive 2020 and beyond
- 25:18 – The rise of ‘dark social’ and a prediction for what could be one of the most important platforms for brands in 2020
- 30:21 – How the role of a social media professional needs to adapt in 2020
- 34:53 – How has branding changed in the last decade
Quotes From This Episode:
“Facebook buying Instagram was one of the greatest bargains of all time.” – @jaybaer
“Twitter is oftentimes being used for social customer care aspects, whereas Instagram is going to be more of your emotional and marketing-oriented content .” – @adamcb
“As Facebook newsfeed usage continues to drop, Instagram may be the life preserver that they needed.” – @jaybaer
We are seeing huge career trajectories for social media professionals, whether you're a community manager, a director, VP of social or digital marketing, etc.…the sky's the limit. Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce here.
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners here.
- Grab Salesforces FREE e-book, ’50 Social Media Best Practices’
- Get your $100 FREE LinkedIn ad credit courtesy of our sponsors, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions