About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jay, Adam, and Anna join forces in this special episode of the Social Pros Podcast to talk about some of the best highlights from episodes released in the rollercoaster year of 2020.
2020 has been a year like no other. Not just for the Social Pros Podcast, but the entire world. We have seen and experienced so much this year, so how can you recap a year like 2020?
Well, Jay, Adam, and Anna searched through the back catalog of episodes released in 2020 and noticed many similar themes running through them. They also saw many commonalities between various guests who shared their perspectives on the world and how the social media industry has changed in 2020.
In this episode, you’ll hear highlights from clips pulled from previous episodes released in 2020. So, if you’re ready to take a trip down memory lane and explore some of the best bits from the Social Pros archive, listen in!
In This Episode:
- 05:04 – Why you should always listen to your audience
- 07:19 – How JetBlue has adjusted its content during the pandemic
- 11:01 – Why it’s important to take advantage of opportunities in real-time
- 14:08 – What it’s really like to work in this profession
- 16:39 – Why social pros need to take care of their mental health
- 20:29 – How to combat burnout as a social media practitioner
- 23:29 – Why you need to be a great marketer to succeed on social media
- 26:49 – The benefits of releasing episodic content
- 31:51 – How to hook your audience from the start
- 36:14 – Why you should have a separate paid and organic approach
- 40:46 – The true power of authenticity
Quotes From This Episode:
You can’t unburn burnt toast – once you’re burnt out, you’re burnt out. Click To Tweet
“Ask for help when you need it & take mental health breaks” – Sallie Poggi, Ep.448