About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Joseph Jaffe, Admiral, Co-founder at The HMS Beagle joins the Social Pros Podcast to explain why all companies and social networks are built to suck.
We Are All in the Survival Business
Washed up social media networks litter the shores of the internet. Old-time favorites like MySpace and Bebo are nothing but foggy memories for most of us and even the big leagues aren’t safe anymore. Nowadays, we’re all in the survival business doomed to delay our inevitable ‘suckage’ for as long as possible.
Facing this daunting reality, companies need to uncover a way to cheat the sands of time. Serial entrepreneur and seasoned author, Joseph Jaffe; Admiral, Co-founder at The HMS Beagle has created a new discipline called survival planning. It is designed to help companies outsmart their own demise.
If you’re worried about the future of your business, take a page from Charles Darwin’s book, who once said; “it’s not the strongest of species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one that is most adaptable to change.” You may not have the power to avoid ‘suckage’ forever. But, at the very least, this episode will help guide you on your journey to survival.
In This Episode:
- 05:07 – Why you need to be adaptable to survive in business
- 06:33 – Why companies need to figure out the ‘talent design’ challenge
- 11:05 – Why most marketers are “Built to Suck”
- 15:36 – How to survive the ‘corporate apocalypse’
- 20:26 – How social can both prevent and manifest a corporation’s ‘suckage’
- 23:00 – Which social networks are the most ‘Built to Suck’
- 39:57 – Why some companies survive, and others don’t
Quotes From This Episode:
“Social is like water; without it, we die. Social should be the glue that connects humans with other humans.” – @jaffejuice
If you’re not figuring out the talent design challenge, you’re not just losing the talent war, you’ve probably lost it. Click To Tweet
“Keep the best of the old but reject the worst of the old. Embrace the best of the new but reject the worst of the new.” – @jaffejuice
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce here
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners here.
- Find out more about Emma’s email marketing platform here
- Read Joseph Jaffe’s NEW book, “Built to Suck: The Inevitable Demise of the Corporation…and How to Save It?”
- Check out ‘Marketing Is Everything’ by Regis McKenna
- Learn more about Joseph’s H.M.S. Beagle consultancy firm
- Listen to the Jaffe Juice Podcast
- Read Jim Collin’s book, ‘Built to Last’