About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Andy Jasenak, Director of Digital Media at Amtrak, joins this episode of the Social Pros Podcast to share how the iconic railroad service Amtrak managed social during the pandemic.
Keeping an Audience Inspired and Engaged During Lockdown
Director of Digital Media at Amtrak, Andy Jasenak, discusses how Amtrak got creative during a trying year of COVID-19. While many industries were affected by lockdowns, the travel industry was hit particularly hard.
How do you promote a travel service when everyone’s locked down?
Rather than slowing things down, Amtrak charged ahead and decided to get creative. Andy shares how Amtrak managed unique and fun social campaigns over Instagram Stories to keep people interested in travel throughout the pandemic.
He shares how Amtrak values user-generated content from its many passionate brand advocates who help propel the brand across the U.S. Andy also talks more about his background and shares some food for thought for anyone looking to become a social pro.
In This Episode:
- 4:30 – How Amtrak kept people engaged and inspired during the pandemic
- 6:09 – Amtrak’s strategy to stand out on social media
- 8:04 – The primary objective for Amtrak on social media
- 10:13 – Andy takes us behind-the-scenes of Amtrak’s social team setup
- 15:34 – How Amtrak coordinates responses across different channels
- 18:22 – How Andy makes a case for new social strategies to the rest of the team
- 19:35 – Why Amtrak hosted a Jimmy Kimmel mean tweet-style leadership meeting
- 22:10 – The role of brand advocates and why Amtrak loves user-generated content
- 25:33 – Amtrak’s creative Instagram Stories campaign
- 27:49 – How the Amtrak social team works humor and fun into its content so organically
- 31:18 – How social media differs across all the industries Andy’s worked in
- 34:44 – Andy shares why music is such an important part of his life
- 36:55 – Andy gives his top tip for those looking to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
Even if you're a little bit more analytical-minded, there's still a place in social media. You might be more creative-minded, there's still a place in social media. If you're more of a strategy mind, there's definitely a place Click To Tweet
“We have a customer care 24/7 operation to engage with customers…and third-party resources that help us with that to answer our customer inquiries on social media.”
“We had a leadership meeting one time and did it Jimmy Kimmel mean tweet-style.”