About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Luka Dukich, Director of Content for the Chicago Bulls, shares why being adaptable is key for social media success no matter what’s going on in the world.
Are you adaptable on social media?
Adapting to change quickly is something that we’ve all had to master since COVID-19 replaced ‘normal life’ with a great level of uncertainty. But we didn’t just adapt our personal lives to reflect recent changes in the world, we’ve also had to adapt our social media presence.
Luka Dukich, the Director of Content for the Chicago Bulls, has managed to adapt the sports team’s entire social media strategy in response to recent changes with poise, professionalism, and a level of success we can all aspire to.
Luka understands that you “can’t control what you can’t control,” and has found other ways to get creative on social even when no games are going on. He has done an incredible job maintaining and, in many cases, increasing fan engagement across the team’s social media channels.
In This Episode:
- 05:40 – A look at the unusual content schedule for social pros at the Chicago Bulls
- 07:49 – How Chicago Bull’s social media team is structured
- 13:11 – Why Chicago Bulls have other social media accounts separate from the main accounts
- 20:18 – How they track the demographics of their different social media accounts
- 22:05 – How Chicago Bull’s content strategy has pivoted in response to COVID-19
- 29:55 – How Luka and his team engage with their fans on social
- 33:44 – How Luka handles video and photo rights in publishing
- 36:05 – How Luka’s agency experience prepared him for his current role
- 41:03 – How ‘The Last Dance’ impacted the Chicago Bulls
Quotes From This Episode:
Social media is the voice of the team to the fans. Click To Tweet
“We had to get creative & figure out what to say when there’s no games going on” – @itsluka
“The fun part & the scary part of working in this industry is that tomorrow is not going to be the same as today” – @itsluka
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s e-book “Boost Sales Productivity: Get More from Your Sales Team”
- Find out how you can launch your first LinkedIn campaign with $100!