About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Carmen Collins, Employee/Employer Brand & Social Media Lead at Cisco (#WeAreCisco team), joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about the power of employee social content and how it can help brands build engagement and impact their audience.
Use Employee-Generated Content to Add Empathy
Using social media for employer and employee branding and recruitment is something that nobody does better than Employee/Employer Brand & Social Media Lead at Cisco (#WeAreCisco team), Carmen Collins.
Carmen is a leading force in employee and employer communications and actively gives employees a voice on social media. Brands want to use social media to engage with their audience and promote what’s going on with their business, but how should they determine what to promote? And, how can brands be sure that what they share on social media will be representative of the brand and impactful to their audience?
Carmen emphasizes the importance of having empathy, which is something that many brands confuse with authenticity. To have empathy, brands must be empathetic. It seems obvious, but many brands miss the mark here. Carmen’s solution is to seek help from employees. In her opinion, “employee-generated content adds empathy.”
In This Episode:
- 05:46 – The difference between employee-generated content and brand-generated content
- 08:39 – How to triangulate new channel opportunities
- 11:02 – How Cisco has adjusted their content creation process in light of the shift to remote work
- 13:11 – How to ensure employee social content represents your brand
- 17:01 – Whether Cisco’s core audience is existing or potential team members
- 19:17 – How to amplify employee content on social media
- 24:10 – How Cisco approaches paid amplification and targeted ads
- 27:48 – What to consider when selecting a specific audience to market employment messages
- 30:25 – How Cisco decides what to publish
- 35:23 – Whether Cisco carries out studies to measure employee retention, communication, and their overall impact
Quotes From This Episode:
Our entire reason for being is to give our employees voices. Click To Tweet
“When our employees’ lives changed, their content changed.”
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Upfluence’s Brand Influence Ranking Report
- Find out if your website is ADA & WCAG compliant with help from accessiBe
- Learn more about Empathy In Tech