About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Alex Shockey, the Global Social Media Manager at FedEx, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the structure and strategies of the tiny but mighty social media team at FedEx.
Capitalize on social mentions!
Social media is constantly changing. We know this to be true and yet so many brands struggle to keep up. If successful brands on social have taught us anything it’s that you must embrace change and evolve how you’re structured to meet the needs of social media.
This is just one of the takeaways from this episode of the Social Pros Podcast with Alex Shockey, the Global Social Media Manager at FedEx. Alex perfectly articulates the speed of social media’s evolution and focuses on the importance of identifying conversations on social and finding new ways to bring them to the surface in strategic ways.
As Alex accurately points out, social media is often a soapbox for people to share their opinions. With 7,000+ FedEx mentions per day, Alex shares how she and her team capitalize on these stories and reveals what makes some social mentions worth bringing to the attention of their audience.
In This Episode:
- 04:28 – A peek inside Alex’s role as Global Social Media Manager at FedEx
- 09:58 – How FedEx’s social media team is structured
- 12:51 – How social conversations have shaped FedEx’s social media strategy
- 16:20 – How social chatter has shifted and evolved across different social media platforms
- 18:56 – How to implement positive customer stories about team members and your brand in social strategies
- 24:50 – How the FedEx social media team works with other departments within the organization
- 31:30 – Tips for tracking the performance of a social media team
Quotes From This Episode:
“We have embraced change here at FedEx” – @AlexShockey44
Our north star is our reputation…if we see that the content we put out is effecting that positively, we see that as a success. Click To Tweet
“Social media is often a soapbox for people to share their opinions.” – @AlexShockey44
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s free e-book, 50 Social Media Best Practices
- Visit FedEx’s website
- Read Alex’s children’s book ‘This is Ole Miss’ (illustrated by Holly B. Johnson)