About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Kristina Paider, Chief Creative Officer at The Hollywood Approach, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how we can apply movie inspiration to our lives. We also speak about Kristina’s book “The Hollywood Approach,” which shows you how to live your wildest dreams, movie-style!
Be the Hero of Your Own Story
How can we become the heroes of our own stories? Whether we’re thinking about our businesses or ourselves, a little movie inspiration goes a long way. Kristina Paider, Chief Creative Officer and author of The Hollywood Approach shows us how we can use movie magic to make our wildest dreams a reality.
Kristina uses her wisdom as a story strategist and screenwriter to apply the principles of Hollywood stories to real life. She encourages everyone to “boss up and be the screenwriter of your show.” By channeling your resources, exploring your character DNA, finding your strengths, and learning from mentors, you can achieve great things. This applies to businesses looking to level-up their company as much as it does to individuals.
As Kristina discusses in this episode of Social Pros, you must move away from perfectionism – and instead, embrace your strengths AND flaws to become the hero of your own story.
In This Episode:
- 5:48 – What “The Hollywood Approach” is and how storytelling applies to businesses
- 8:01 – Why businesses are hesitant to embrace storytelling
- 9:32 – What hit TV show “Cobra Kai” can teach us about using flaws in storytelling
- 11:18 – How to apply the three elements of storytelling to business (character, goal, obstacles)
- 12:28 – How to make your 2021 content binge-worthy
- 13:15 – How using flaws can humanize your business
- 16:07 – The importance of being the hero of your own story by identifying your own strengths, flaws, and superpowers
- 20:40 – What is a “log line,” and how can businesses use them?
- 22:35 – Kristina discusses the use of movie-style log lines to define goals and purposes on social media
- 23:41 – How to use The Hollywood Approach to define customer profiles
- 25:11 – How Kristina feels about storytelling in 15 seconds
- 27:23 – Kristina’s take on refreshing existing business stories
- 28:25 – Why looking at the “cast and characters” in your business is more important than ever
- 30:48 – Kristina discusses her free bonus content, including movie-style exercises and resources
- 36:17 – Kristina’s discusses her top tips for social pros
Quotes From This Episode:
My tip is to boss-up and be the screenwriter of your show Click To Tweet
“We want to be talking about flaws that humanize the cast and characters in a company.” – Kristina Paider
“It’s always interesting to see…how universal story is”
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Find out if your website is ADA & WCAG compliant with help from aCe
- Get $30 off of your Tailwind Subscription!
- Kristina Paider’s website
- Read Kristina Paider’s book, “The Hollywood Approach”