About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Ryan Boyles, Senior Social Media Strategist at IBM / AI Applications, discusses how IBM uses social to connect with their audience.
Use Social Media to Create Connections
Creating meaningful connections with customers and prospects is something that every brand should actively try to achieve. The good news is that you already have the perfect tool to foster relationships and connect with customers – social media.
Ryan Boyles, the Senior Social Media Strategist at IBM/AI Applications, understands the power of social media and how to leverage social platforms to find and connect with ideal customers. However, it’s not just the social media team that needs to become ‘social pros’ – everyone in the organization from the top down must be ‘plugged into social.’
The way that brands use social media has evolved and more leaders and executives are embracing and engaging with customers and prospects on social media platforms. This is great news for any social practitioner who once struggled to convince their leaders about the true value of social media.
In This Episode:
- 05:47 – How IBM uses weather data
- 07:34 – How Ryan interacts with other social media managers from different operating divisions within the business
- 11:20 – How IBM manages various social media accounts
- 14:33 – How IBM’s employee advocacy program has evolved over time
- 16:48 – Insights into IBM’s account-based marketing content and tactics
- 20:44 – Why IBM decided to abandon Facebook
- 22:46 – How to leverage LinkedIn Live and measure performance
- 28:32 – Ryan talks about the 50th anniversary of the Apollo program
- 31:31 – What it was like being on the frontlines of social media evolution
Quotes From This Episode:
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s e-book “Boost Sales Productivity: Get More from Your Sales Team”
- Find out how you can launch your first LinkedIn campaign with $100!
- Learn more about IBM