About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Remember to have humanity
When COVID-19 hit, many brands were not prepared for handling a crisis of this scale. It was uncharted territory for many of us and it still is. COVID-19 has not ‘gone away’ and as social practitioners, we have had to scramble to adjust and fine-tune our content in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
From postponing brand announcements to canceling live events and adjusting content calendars, it has not been an easy transition, to say the least. However, one thing that I think we can all agree on is the undeniable importance of aligning your social customer services in response to the crisis.
Customers are firing more questions at brands than ever, and they’re using social to do it. Laurie Meacham, the Manager of Customer Support at JetBlue, has handled social customer service during COVID-19 perfectly. Think about it, this is a company that, like many others, has been hugely impacted by the global pandemic. Flights were (and still are in some cases) presumed canceled, and people are hesitant to even step foot on a plane. But, above all else, customers want answers, and Laurie and her team are right there, in the trenches of social media, to answer customers questions and show humanity during a highly stressful and uncertain time.
In This Episode:
- 04:27 – How JetBlue’s virtual customer support team is structured
- 09:08 – A look at how JetBlue’s remote workforce has operated for over 20 years
- 11:23 – Tips for working remotely and managing a remote team
- 13:33 – How the ‘rules of engagement’ have changed
- 16:58 – How JetBlue have handled customer service on social during COVID-19
- 22:08 – How the ratio of ‘social media chatter’ has changed lately
- 24:36 – What channels consumers are using to get in touch with JetBlue’s customer service team
- 27:36 – How people have shown support (or a lack thereof in some cases) during COVID-19
- 31:34 – How JetBlue’s ‘Healthcare Heroes Program’ works
Quotes From This Episode:
“Knowing when to step into the conversation on social is an art form” – @LaurieAMeacham
We're speaking to people. We're not just speaking to words on a screen. Click To Tweet