About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
MacKenzie McCarver and Tina Parker from Sam’s Club join this episode of Social Pros for part four of the five-part Social Pros Deep Dive series.
The Sam’s Club Deep Dive is a new five-part series that offers a detailed look into how a big business manages social strategies, scheduling, business growth, community, and more.
A Proactive Approach to Customer Care
For many, social media is the first port of call for customers with questions or complaints. It’s often the fastest way a brand can directly contact its customers.
This means that businesses, big or small, need to think about how they approach customer care on social. With a big business such as Sam’s Club, this operation is a lot more elaborate.
Find out how in this episode of Social Pros Deep Dive. In part four of five, Social Pros speak with MacKenzie McCarver and Tina Parker – key members of the social media team at Sam’s Club.
Director of Social Media, MacKenzie, is back from our talk in part three, this time joined by Tina Parker, Associate Director of Brand and Social Marketing.
They discuss Sam’s Club’s refreshingly proactive take on customer care, the best way to interact over social media, and how the club celebrates its brand ambassadors.
All five episodes are out now, so get ready to binge!
As this is a brand-new series, we’d love to hear some feedback on what you think of the Social Pros Deep Dive. Please share any thoughts you have by emailing Jay directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In This Episode:
- 5:52 – How Sam’s Club resources social media customer care
- 6:50 – The multiple customer care levels and how they work
- 8:02 – What Tina looks for in a social customer care agent
- 9:29 – Sam’s Club’s unique approach to customer interactions
- 11:46 – How Sam’s Club responded to the pandemic challenges
- 13:26 – Which platforms Sam’s Club focuses on the most for customer interactions
- 14:35 – How social empowered people during the pandemic
- 16:55 – The unique tool Sam’s Club uses for local social updates
- 17:51 – How Sam’s Club balances public versus direct message responses
- 18:47 – Why Sam’s Club prioritizes real responses over automated messages
- 21:44 – How proactive Sam’s Club agents are in responding to customers
- 24:30 – How Sam’s Club deals with customers who make complaints across different channels and mediums
- 27:57 – What measurements of success look like at Sam’s Club
- 29:55 – How Sam’s Club prepares for the event of a social media crisis
- 31:43 – Tina’s take on “if there’s three, there’s more” when it comes to customer complaints
- 33:20 – The process Sam’s Club follows to communicate issues at a higher level
- 35:28 – How Sam’s Club celebrates brand ambassadors and fans on social
- 38:45 – Tina’s one tip for becoming a social pro
- 39:12 – Who MacKenzie would love to have a video call with
Quotes From This Episode:
“Just because something’s hard doesn’t mean it’s not worth doing.”
“We have some really great champions on social media that absolutely love the brand…and we want to champion them to continue to champion us.”
“When it comes to detractors, it’s a matter of finding out what the issue is…and then making that an opportunity to surprise them and have them expect something special from us.”
Sam’s Club Brand and Social Team:
To help you follow along, here’s an organizational chart of the Sam’s Club Brand and Social Team.