About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Izzy Greer, Marketing Manager of Portfolio Brands at Balsam Brands, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how to make seasonal content engaging all-year-round.
Bringing the Holiday Cheer All-Year-Round
Izzy Greer, Marketing Manager of Portfolio Brands at Balsam Brands, oversees marketing strategies for brands including Balsam Hill, the Christmas and seasonal décor store.
She joins the Social Pros Podcast to share how she and her team keep the holiday spirit going on social 365 days a year. As a seasonal brand, Balsam Hill has to get really inventive in keeping its content both relevant and engaging, even in the summer months.
Izzy explains why Balsam Brands prioritizes authentic user-generated content, working with influencers, and promoting on Pinterest.
Izzy also shares some of the strategies behind paid versus organic content and how her team likes to unite them to create authentic content that resonates with its customers.
In This Episode:
- 5:34 – How Izzy structures content all year round for seasonal products
- 7:00 – How internal systems and pacing works for marketing seasonal content
- 8:53 – The reasons why people engage differently with Balsam Brands throughout the year
- 10:10 – Izzy’s key insights from social listening
- 12:40 – How Izzy’s team manages effective customer conversations
- 14:44 – Why Balsam Brands looks for an authentic connection when working with celebrities and influencers
- 20:20 – The tools Balsam Brands uses to collect and analyze content performance data
- 21:56 – Why an effective Pinterest strategy considers the platform’s planning and search engine functions
- 25:05 – How to create the volume of visual marketing content needed for social media
- 28:27 – How Balsam Brands taps into user-generated content
Quotes From This Episode:
What we're looking for when we're vetting folks, wherever they're being sourced from, is brand fit. Click To Tweet
“We’re really looking for people who can tell this great story that we can be a part of.” – Izzy Greer
“One of the ways that we maximize Pinterest is really paying attention to the keywords.” – Izzy Greer
“You need so much content for social.” – Izzy Greer