About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Senior Marketing Executive and food and hospitality Influencer, David “Rev” Ciancio, talks about increasing engagement on Instagram with a fine-tuned social media strategy
Posting with Purpose
Are you hungry for more engagement on Instagram? There was a time (long, long ago) when all you had to do was post a half-decent photo with a short, preferably funny caption and that was it. Nowadays, if you want to be classed as an ‘influencer,’ you’ve got to sharpen your game and make sure every post provides value to someone, somehow.
As our guest, David (Rev) Ciancio says, “you’ve got to have a reason why you are creating and sharing content.” If your posts don’t provide any value, you’ll continue to see tumbleweeds roll through your Instagram feed. Know your audience’s pain points and give them content that they actually want and need.
Rev is a Senior Marketing, Branding and Digital Strategist (and expert burger taster), who helps brands and businesses up their game on Instagram. As one of the country’s leading food and hospitality influencers, what he has to say about marketing on Instagram is taken as gospel by many, especially for those in the food and restaurant space. So, if you’re curious to find out more, grab a fork and dig in!
In This Episode:
- 06:46 – Common mistakes to avoid with your Instagram bio
- 10:37 – What works when it comes to food marketing on Instagram
- 15:03 – How to use video effectively on Instagram and the importance of conveying customer experience
- 19:15 – Why UGC (User Generated Content) is so important when creating a successful Instagram marketing strategy
- 23:09 – How to take high-quality images to share on Instagram
- 27:12 – Rev shares his predictions for food trends
Quotes From This Episode:
“Have a reason why you are creating and sharing content. Don’t just do it because you can do it. Do it because it provides value.” – @RevCiancio
If you pick one content type, you're going to fail. Understand what is a unique experience you provide and convey that through your photos. Click To Tweet
“Be awesome at two things and outsource everything else. A jack of all trades isn’t going to get nobody anywhere today.” – @RevCiancio
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Learn more about how Pattern 89 can help optimize your Facebook Ad campaigns
- Get David’s (Rev’s) FREE guide, “5 Mistakes That You’re Making on Your Instagram Bio”
- Visit Rev’s website, ‘Burger Conquest’ for more marketing tips
- Find out more about Rev’s company, ‘Yeah! Management’
- Follow Rev on Instagram to keep up with his delicious posts
- Connect with Rev on Twitter
- Check out Weird Al Yankovic’s Instagram profile