About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jay Maldonado, Director of Social Media at SurveyMonkey, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how brands can create an agile social media plan that is also socially conscious.
Becoming a Social Media Swiss Army Knife
The very nature of social media is flexible and can change at any moment. That’s why it’s so important to have many tricks up your sleeve when creating a social media strategy.
Jay Maldonado, Director of Social Media at SurveyMonkey, says that flexibility and wearing many hats are the keys to becoming a top social pro.
In this episode of Social Pros, Jay discusses why all social media teams should have a “living doc” for their strategy that you can change when needed. He talks about why it’s important to have great leadership and a team that really believes in the power of social media.
Jay also discusses why you need to be sensitive and open to learning to have genuine and authentic conversations over social media.
In This Episode:
- 7:52 – How sometimes social pros don’t leverage social media for themselves
- 9:14 – How Jay manages marketing to a broad SurveyMonkey audience
- 11:47 – How social comes to life at SurveyMonkey
- 13:15 – Why all social media strategies should have a “living doc”
- 15:28 – How to create an agile social strategy
- 20:38 – How to ask the right questions in social media
- 22:45 – Jay’s advice for social pros to navigate important social issues
- 26:15 – Jay’s tips for social pros to use data better
- 30:33 – SurveyMonkey’s recent study into mental wellness in the workplace
- 33:25 – Choosing the best social media channels to market your brand
- 35:54 – The importance of leadership and a great team
- 38:32 – Jay’s one tip for becoming a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
Data is very, very important. People will put a heavy emphasis on content. But if you're doing content right, it should come from an informed place. Click To Tweet
“You have to be 100% open to changing your channel strategy or the volume of effort you put into each channel.” – @Jwmaldonado
“We have to create social media strategies and campaigns that exist outside of business priorities because it’s about what’s going on culturally right now in the world.” – @Jwmaldonado