About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Andrew Stebbins (Influencer Marketing and YouTube Strategist) and Rob Yoegel (Senior Director of Marketing) from Linode joined this episode of the Social Pros Podcast to delve into their success on YouTube, influencers, and more.
Always Go Where Your Customers Are
Linode’s Andrew Stebbins (Influencer Marketing and YouTube Strategist) and Rob Yoegel (Senior Director of Marketing) are on the Social Pros Podcast to talk all about their YouTube and influencer strategies.
Linode is a cloud hosting company that’s been in the space for 18 years now. And yet, it’s only been in the past few years that they’ve really ramped up their focus on marketing. From relying entirely on word-of-mouth recommendations to now mastering YouTube, Linode has been on a big learning journey.
In this episode, Rob and Andrew share more about how and why they got started on YouTube and why it’s been a key part of their education and customer acquisition strategies. Andrew gives a detailed look into his work with influencers and brand advocates and where they fit into Linode’s marketing push.
Rob also shares some stats behind their success and how leveraging influencers on YouTube has led to 15-20% customer growth each month!
In This Episode:
- 4:05 – What Linode does as an “alternative cloud provider”
- 5:47 – How Linode’s marketing stance has changed over the past 18 years
- 7:46 – Rob explains why content marketing has become key for Linode
- 9:45 – Why YouTube became a huge focus for Linode
- 11:38 – Linode’s advice to other social pros about using YouTube
- 14:08 – How Linode’s YouTube channel started and where it is today
- 20:26 – How Linode works with brand advocates and influencers
- 23:01 – The benefits of using existing customers as influencers
- 25:56 – Rob explains how Linode uses paid advertising on YouTube
- 29:47 – Linode’s approach to repurposing content
- 32:20 – How optimizing metadata on YouTube is key to success
- 34:29 – Why using video chapters is such an underutilized yet useful feature
- 36:04 – What the analytics say about engagement on YouTube
- 39:22 – The next steps for Linode
- 40:50 – The key YouTube performance indicators Linode’s marketing team prioritizes
- 42:58 – Andrew gives his top tip for someone wanting to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
“You’ve got to go where your customers are, and with YouTube being the second biggest search engine, you most likely have a lot of customers there.” Click To Tweet
“I definitely encourage each individual influencer to stick with their own style.” – Andrew Stebbins
“They’re influencers, they’re people that people know in this space. So you see a familiar face recommending Linode which tends to work out pretty well.” – Andrew Stebbins
“Go where your customers are.” – Rob Yoegel
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- How to Host Multiple Discord Bots on A Single Server from Linode’s YouTube channel
- Deploy A Static Website Using The Linode CLI | Object Storage Tutorial from Linode’s YouTube channel
- Here’s how to roll your own VPN | WireGuard Tutorial from Linode’s YouTube channel
- Clickbait is Unreasonably Effective from the Veritasium YouTube channel