About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Brooke Sellas, the Founder & CEO of B Squared Media, joins the Social Pros podcast to explore why social listening should be a vital part of every social marketing strategy.
A Deep Dive Into Social Listening
As far as social media is concerned, the trends you see today may be totally different tomorrow.
Our guest this week, Brooke Sellas, the Founder & CEO of B Squared Media, gives us a lot to think about in this episode as far as adapting social strategies is concerned.
At the very center of our discussion is social listening and how it’s enabled her team to deliver transformative results to their client. Brooke delves into some of the overlooked benefits of social listening and how it helps grow customer care strategies that ultimately result in better brand recognition.
We also discuss Brooke’s new book, who it’s for, as well as some important concepts she covered that can help social pros connect with the audience.
In This Episode:
- 06:19 Brooke gives an overview of what they do at B Squared Media
- 08:12 A rundown of some of the things Brooke does for her clients
- 09:32 Why B Squared Media is considered a boutique agency
- 12:14 How to maintain a traditionalist mentality in this new age of social media
- 13:58 Brooke sheds some light on B Squared Media’s mystery shopping program
- 17:21 Why social listening is so vital for brands
- 19:43 How Brooke’s team helps clients change their social strategy
- 25:08 Why you should think conversation, not campaign
- 28:00 Tools versus human services
- 31:10 Brooke mentions a few brands that are getting customer care right
- 32:56 The importance of listening to feedback
- 33:22 The target audience for Brooke’s book
- 36:34 Brooke’s advice to anybody who wants to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
If you look at the psychology of building relationships, building trust, it's based on emotion. Click To Tweet
“Social listening tools are providing massive amounts of data in real-time that we would never be able to get on our own. But they can only show you the pothole, they can’t provide solutions.” @BrookeSellas
“One of my ideas is that social will eventually overtake email as the number one support channel.” @BrookeSellas