About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Dustin W. Stout, the Founder of SoVisual.co, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about what makes people want to engage with visuals on social media and the importance of having a message before you create any graphics.
Craft compelling content
Is there anything more terrifying than staring at a blinking cursor on a blank screen? As social practitioners, we’ve all felt the intimidation of a blank screen in some way or another.
The everyday grind of a social media manager is tough. Crafting content that captures attention and fosters engagement isn’t always easy. This intense pressure to continuously churn out incredible content day in, day out, can drain the creative energy out of you and even lead to burning out.
Dustin W. Stout, the Founder of SoVisual.co, understands this struggle. His team of world-class designers and copywriters produce monthly content to help take the pressure off social practitioners. These “social packs” are filled with a month’s worth of engaging content and on this episode of Social Pros, we dive into these social packs and tap into Dustin’s unique insight into what works and what doesn’t when it comes to social media imagery.
In This Episode:
- 03:43 – How SoVisual’s social packs work
- 13:19 – What works and what doesn’t work when it comes to social media imagery
- 15:32 – Why polished photography tends to be less effective on social media
- 18:16 – How Dustin keeps his finger on the pulse of what’s working
- 20:50 – Tips to help you improve typography on social media graphics
- 25:00 – Why you always need to start with a message before you can communicate that message on a visual
- 27:47 – The biggest mistakes social pros make with their published content
- 30:18 – Changes that Dustin would love to see social networks make
- 33:21 – How often brands should post on social media
Quotes From This Episode:
“People are not looking for cheesy stock photos anymore. They want things to look more organic and natural.” – @DustinWStout
Social media connects people to people. And people want to see things that they can relate to. Click To Tweet
“You have to have a message first before you start on a visual because the visual has to communicate that message.” – @DustinWStout
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s free e-book, 50 Social Media Best Practices
- Find out more about SoVisual.co and their amazing social packs
- Check out Dustin’s website
- Read Dustin’s awesome social media, blogging, and design blog