About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jessica Leachman, Global Social Media Insights & Analytics at a Global Biotech Company, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how to structure social media success on a global scale.
Believe in the Mission
It is almost impossible to be successful in social media unless you believe in the mission of your organization. Jessica Leachman, Global Social Media Insights & Analytics at a Global Biotech Company, is emotionally invested in the outcomes of the organization she works for in a genuinely palpable, powerful, and persuasive way.
Jessica works for a major pharmaceutical and biotech company, and being passionate about the organization is about more than merely wanting the organization to be profitable and successful. She cares about saving lives. Her genuine care for people has motivated her to build the company’s wildly successful social media presence so that they can reach, engage, and help even more people.
If you’ve been looking for a masterclass on how to do social media for a large multinational cooperation then this is the episode you’ve been waiting for. Even if you are a social practitioner for a small business, there is a lot of powerful insights that you can take from this episode and use in your own business.
In This Episode:
- 04:27 – How this Global Biotech Company is organized in terms of social media
- 06:41 – What social channels are used to reach patients and caregivers vs. medical professionals
- 08:48 – How social media adoption and integration has evolved
- 10:27 – How Jessica and her colleagues interact with social media channels that are popular in other countries
- 11:50 – An insight into how the organization engages with their audience on social media
- 15:09 – Specific social media restrictions that must be followed
- 17:13 – How Jessica built a social strategy that incorporates the global nature of her role
- 22:13 – How to use the 80/20 rule to maximize social media success
- 24:32 – How doing social media right can save an organization money
- 31:08 – How social listening has helped this global organization find new ideas, concepts, and content
- 36:42 – How the world of dance and social media collides
Quotes From This Episode:
“One of the biggest benefits on our global team is that we have people with the chronic illness on the team doing other jobs…”
We have to make sure that we're telling our customers that we're a partner in their health Click To Tweet