About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Michael Port, the Co-Founder and CEO of Heroic Public Speaking, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the power of storytelling and how to eliminate the fear of creating video for social.
Every story has a beginning, middle, and end
Telling stories through video is all about capturing your audience’s attention and holding it long enough to cultivate an interest in your message. If you haven’t leveraged video thus far and have still managed to achieve some level of success on social, it’s probably because you’re telling good stories. The question is, how can you take your stories and transfer them to video in social media?
When thinking about creating a video for social, Michael Port, the CEO of Heroic Public Speaking, suggests that you start with Aristotle’s concept of the three-act structure. Every story has a beginning, middle, and end. It’s up to you to decide how you’re going to present the setup, confrontation, and resolution of your story in the most effective way possible on social.
Social media that spreads only spreads because the stories are well told. When you understand how a story is organized, sculpted and told, you can use that knowledge to get people to not only see the world differently but think, feel and act differently.
In This Episode:
- 05:14 – How to transfer your stories to the screen using the three–act structure
- 09:37 – Why you need to understand how to create and release tension on social
- 10:59 – How to drip feed your story to create intrigue and build an audience
- 18:23 – Why you should make strong choices with your video content
- 22:46 – How to get better on camera and create engaging videos
- 27:37 – How to effectively package and present pitch ideas to potential clients
- 38:31 – Michael’s top tips for creating a video in social media
Quotes From This Episode:
“Social media that spreads only spreads because the stories are well told.” – @michaelport
The more conflict rich our stories are, the more interesting they are. Click To Tweet
“We don’t have to become professional performers. We just need to be good enough to get the message across.” – @michaelport
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Find out more about Emma’s email marketing platform
- Learn more about Heroic Public Speaking
- Listen to Michael’s, ‘Steal the Show’ Podcast
- Read Michael’s new book, “Steal the Show”