About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Steve Kearns, LinkedIn’s Social Media Lead, joins Social Pros to discuss how brands and social practitioners can navigate through the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Be helpful, encouraging, honest & authentic
The coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis has impacted all of our lives and all of our businesses in what feels like a very short timeframe. Companies and social practitioners alike are modifying their contingency plans at lightning speed as the outbreak continues to uproot the status quo.
So, how can social practitioners and businesses confidently shift crisis communications in the middle of a crisis? LinkedIn’s Social Media Lead, Steve Kearns, shares some amazing advice on crisis communication tools and frameworks to help you navigate through the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Steve emphasized the importance of pausing to think about what you’re saying on social. He reminds all of us to pause before we press send and think about why they would care and why they would share?
In This Episode:
- 06:42 – Changes that LinkedIn has witnessed amidst the COVID-19 crisis
- 08:49 – The evolution of marketing and communications on LinkedIn
- 12:36 – Leveraging LinkedIn to communicate with your ideal customers
- 14:40 – The importance of self-awareness when managing a social media platform on behalf of a brand
- 18:47 – How LinkedIn’s workflow has changed as a result of the coronavirus crisis
- 23:42 – What agency partners can do to help support the brands and companies they work with during this time
- 28:27 – How virtual events can help you communicate and engage with your audience
- 32:57 – How you can measure social media performance differently during a crisis
Quotes From This Episode:
“We are building the plane as we’re flying it.” – @stevektweets
Before you press send, think about why they would care & why they would share? Click To Tweet
“What you say has the ability to influence things that are pretty critical.” – @stevektweets