About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Lindsey Hancock, Owner of Brand Vixen, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss her time at Big Ass Fans, turning customer complaints into positive support.
From Customer Complaints to Support
Customer service is an often-discussed side of social media, but when it comes to customer complaints, the strategy is often to move them out of the social spotlight to deal with them privately.
During her time with Big Ass Fans, however, Lindsey Hancock decided to flip the script and put some of their customer complaints front and center, giving supporters a chance to show their love! It was a gutsy move that paid off. Lindsey says her “hate mail” campaign brought massive engagement and flooded Big Ass Fans’ social feeds with support from happy customers.
This certainly isn’t a good strategy for every kind of customer complaint, but depending on the nature of the concern and the tone of the conversation, it may just benefit your business to keep your customer service in the spotlight!
In This Episode
- 05:48 – Why Big Ass Fans decided to change their name after listening to their customers.
- 07:39 – How to build fun and interesting content around a seemingly boring product.
- 12:51 – How Lindsey blends her personal and professional sides for a successful promotional presence.
- 14:52 – How to approach a new client relationship.
- 16:33 – How Big Ass Fans turns criticism into positive engagement.
- 25:32 – Why taking on freelance work can enhance creativity.
Quotes From This Episode
“I had to have a social presence because I’m not going to trust someone to do my social if they can’t do their own.” — @thebrandvixen
If you have a fun, playful brand and you're posting interesting content, no one with actual customer service concerns wants to hear a canned response. Click To Tweet
“Develop a rapport with your clients on the executive level. You don’t want to end up being just a pair of hands that’s typing. That’s a waste of your time and theirs.” — @thebrandvixen
- Get “The Complete Guide to Social Media for B2B Marketers” from Salesforce completely free here!
- Find out if joining the group at SocialMedia.org is right for you with this special landing page for Social Pros fans.
- See an example of how Big Ass Fans turns criticism into support here.
- Find out more about Lindsey and Brand Vixen here.
See you next week!