About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Oracle, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email Leanna Pham at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Neil Hoyne, the Chief Measurement Strategist at Google, joins the Social Pros podcast to talk about the untapped potential of data and how marketers and social pros alike can leverage it.
Capturing Data that Translates
Neil Hoyne, Chief Measurement Strategist at Google and author of the book Converted: The Data Driven Way to Win Consumers’ Hearts, is on the Social Pros podcast to address an issue plaguing most organizations today — what do we do with all this data?
Neil explains that the journey from one data-driven decision to ten of them is a gradual and progressive one. He also discusses the need to use timely and relevant data on account of the dynamism of customer behavior.
Drawing from a few excerpts from his book, Neil answers seemingly simple but pertinent questions such as “why marketers don’t ask the right questions” and “whether aspiring marketers should dabble in courses like psychology.”
In This Episode:
- 06:31 – What it takes to handle the monumental amount of data available today
- 10:16 – Neil highlights the importance of having real-time consumer data
- 13:15 – Three reasons why marketers don’t ask the right questions
- 16:07 – What prevents companies from embracing lifetime value
- 19:55 – How to demonstrate the lifetime value of social media without the math
- 22:41 – How social pros can successfully chase the same objective as other departments
- 26:02 – Neil’s take on whether social media practitioners should also do measurement and analytics
- 29:59 – Why Neil believes acquisition is the best way to build your business using social media
- 32:38 – Why all organizations need some semblance of a Chief Digital Officer role
- 34:46 – Why Neil advises marketing students to work across disciplines
- 37:08 – Neil’s top tip for those looking to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
“Take a small piece of data, act on it with purpose, and more importantly, do it today.” Click To Tweet
“Whenever discussions are held about data, there needs to be enough organizational understanding of the data for other people to comment on it.” @neilhoyne
“Learn and engage with people in other disciplines and understand how they look at the same problem in different ways.” @neilhoyne