About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jason Keath, the Founder and CEO of Social Fresh, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss the Social Fresh Conference and tips to keep your social media fresh and innovative.
Is Your Social Media “Fresh” Enough?
If you’re a social media professional, you’re probably familiar with the pressure from superiors to increase followers on multiple social media platforms. But how important is a brand’s follower count?
Jason Keath, the Founder and CEO of Social Fresh, claims that it’s not about numbers, it’s about quality – “what we try to pay more attention to these days is not necessarily the number of followers or engagement that we’re getting with content, but the quality and relevance of it.” It’s time for brands and social media professionals to go after the true north star, which isn’t how many followers you have, but the quality & engagement of those followers.
Social Fresh is a social media training and analysis company with the goal to inspire and support the social media industry. The Social Fresh Conference is the longest running conference in the social marketing industry and if you thought a global pandemic would get in its way, think again! The Social Fresh Conference is virtual this year and if you want tickets, listen in closely for a special discount code to attend the conference!
In This Episode:
- 05:15 – Jason reveals everything you need to know about the upcoming Social Fresh Conference
- 06:22 – How Jason got into this business and why he’s still doing it
- 10:11 – How moving to virtual has changed things like speaker selection, creating content experiences, and marketing the event
- 12:36 – What today’s participants at Social Fresh expect to learn or gain from attending the event
- 15:06 – How recruiting speakers has changed
- 18:42 – Tips for anyone trying to bring people together via virtual events
- 23:49 – Jason talks about the Instagram Templates Project
- 27:48 – How marketing agencies have adjusted to the new normal
- 29:58 – Jason shares the tale of two tweets
- 33:37 – What frustrates Jason about the current state of social
- 36:26 – Jason shares his prediction for the future of Clubhouse
Quotes From This Episode:
Start following really good creators & brands, save their content & then reverse engineer it Click To Tweet
“Spending 10 mins on writing a compelling piece of copy for Twitter helped us reach a huge potential customer audience.”
“A live chat is a really great community building networking tool for virtual events.”
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Upfluence’s Brand Influence Ranking Report
- Find out if your website is ADA & WCAG compliant with help from accessiBe
- Learn more about the upcoming Social Fresh Conference