About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
John Jantsch, Founder and author of Duct Tape Marketing, joins this episode of the Social Pros Podcast to share his methods for revisiting your marketing strategy.
A Strong Marketing Strategy is One You Reguarly Revisit
John Jantsch, Founder and author of Duct Tape Marketing, discusses what has changed (and hasn’t changed) in the marketing landscape and how you can stay relevant.
He talks about how marketing fundamentals may remain the same, but the way we need to reach customers has changed. Customers are making buying decisions in different ways in the modern world, and so to keep ahead, you need to constantly tweak your strategy.
John shares some great insights into how you can leverage customer reviews and use them in your strategy. He also gives his take on brand storytelling and how it has almost become a cliché (unless you do it right).
In This Episode:
- 1:15 – Why John decided to write The Ultimate Marketing Engine
- 2:16 – How John pulled all his knowledge together to write such a comprehensive book
- 3:35 – John explains what he means by the “marketing hourglass”
- 6:05 – Why John refers to customers as members
- 9:30 – Why customer service is an overlooked part of marketing
- 13:11 – How The Ultimate Marketing Engine builds on the wisdom of his previous books
- 15:21 – How you can uncover the “real problem” in business (and solve it)
- 17:17 – Why customer reviews are a “hidden goldmine” of customer research
- 19:15 – Why businesses often miss the boat when selling a solution
- 21:59 – The importance of narrowing your focus in marketing
- 25:59 – The difference between storytelling and narrative
- 31:55 – What John has learned about social media from being one of ten children
- 34:05 – John’s approach to generating referrals and whether you should compensate them
- 40:05 – John’s top tip for anyone wanting to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
I think the fundamentals of what it is we're meant to do as marketers haven’t really changed that much. Click To Tweet
“The company who can help somebody define the problem that they actually have and can articulate it is the one that’s going to earn the trust.” –@ducttape
“The opportunity cost of serving those folks that are not profitable, they’re never going to refer, that probably never come back, is stopping you from truly scaling your business.” –@ducttape
“Our buyers and our prospects, because they’re in such so much in control of their own journey, are creating their own narrative.” –@ducttape