About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jeremiah Owyang, Founding Partner of Kaleido Insights, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how the biggest threat to community managers is themselves.
Have you forgotten the ‘why?’ in digital transformation
The main aim of digital transformation is to anticipate customer needs and provide them with a great customer experience. Unfortunately, many companies are focussed on digital transformation, but they’ve forgotten why.
Jeremiah Owyang, Founding Partner of Kaleido Insights, insists that just because you can do something doesn’t mean that you should. And, that rings true for digital transformation. Jeremiah is a great believer of self-care within the industry. And, he explains the best way to advance our social media careers whilst understanding the pressures we face.
Social media is ever-changing, as a result, there’s an immense pressure to keep up and a high chance of failure. Fortunately, Jeremiah has mapped out the lifecycle of social. This could help you understand where to make changes within your business and connect with your customers effectively.
In This Episode:
- 04:44 – The importance of digital feudalism
- 07:55 – Where we are in the lifecycle of social
- 09:06 – The skills needed for modern day social media professionals
- 11:32 – The biggest challenges in digital transformation
- 16:30 – Are social media failures due to cultural weaknesses?
- 21:32 – What is Community Manager Day?
- 30:14 – Jeremiah’s one tip for aspiring social pros
Quotes From This Episode:
So many companies are focussed on digital transformation, but they’ve forgotten why Click To Tweet
“You really can’t love somebody else until you love yourself” – @jowyang
“Right now, community managers are considered as a help desk, they’re relegated to customer care” – @jowyang
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Find out more about Emma’s email marketing platform
- Read Jeremiah’s blog here
- Check our David Armano’s blog here
- Jeremiah recommends reading articles by Amber Mac
- Listen to our podcast with Scott Monty here