About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Chief Marketing Officer at Jobvite, Jeffrey Rohrs, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how social media has impacted the recruiting process and why recruiting is the new marketing.
Recruiting is the New Marketing
Whether you want to recruit new employees or new customers, all brands should implement recruitment strategies in their marketing.
Chief Marketing Officer at Jobvite and previous host of this very podcast, Jeffrey Rohrs, believes that recruiting is the new marketing. Promoting and getting the best candidates starts with social media. If you want to reach the most qualified people for the role you want to fill, you must get the “best amplification of the opportunity in the marketplace, and LinkedIn certainly has cracked the code on that.”
Many brands don’t realize that many of the basic recruitment tactics that effectively attract the right people can be used to recruit customers. As more brands pivot to empathetic marketing and spreading messages around diversity, we’re starting to see that more prospects resonate with messages they see on social media. We talk about all of this on this episode of the Social Pros podcast, where Jeffrey makes a comeback and reveals how you can join marketing and recruiting in your social media efforts.
In This Episode:
- 07:38 – How Jobvite leverages LinkedIn
- 09:25 – How to get better at merchandising your brand’s opportunities
- 12:58 – How social media has impacted the recruiting process
- 17:00 – Why brands should share their employees’ stories
- 20:57 – How to increase awareness of your brand’s position on diversity and inclusion
- 23:56 – How Jeffrey promoted the “Summer to Evolve” series on social media
- 31:08 – How to avoid social, event, and zoom fatigue
- 38:16 – Why it’s so important to hire for adaptability
Quotes From This Episode:
“We have to lead with kindness and understanding”
The stories of your employees are going to be most important in your employee branding Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Find out how you can launch your first LinkedIn campaign with $100!
- Learn more about Jobvite
- Learn more about The Summer to Evolve series presented by Jobvite
- Take the 10 minute assessment – The EVOLVE Talent Acquisition Framework
- Read “Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans and Followers,” by Jeffrey K. Rohrs