About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Abby Eddy, the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement at Purdue University, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how you can use social media to connect with your audience during uncertain times.
Resonate with your audience
As we enter what is traditionally considered ‘commencement season’ for many, millions of students are finding themselves at a standstill. Lecture halls have been swapped for Zoom calls and cap and gowns have been replaced with ‘comfy clothes’ like joggers and trainers.
In a world seized by a global pandemic, how are major universities dealing with the impact of COVID-19 and leveraging social to engage with Higher Ed students?
Abby Eddy, the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement at Purdue University, has really perfected the university’s approach to messaging their students during this uncertain time. Abby talks about how she uses social media to bring some levity during these times by embracing pop culture in a way that is relevant to Purdue and speaks to their audience.
In This Episode
- 04:58 – How Purdue University are using social conversations to engage with students and organize on-demand commencement
- 11:16 – How different departments and team members have come together to help the university communicate effectively online
- 13:19 – How Abby’s team manages Purdue University’s brand voice across the board
- 17:31 – Why it’s important to find a balance between ‘COVID-19 messaging’ Vs. more ‘cheerful’ content
- 22:30 – How to choose what pop culture moments to play into
- 23:46 – How Purdue University uses past performance data to cultivate future results
- 26:46 – An insight into the successful hashtag engagement campaign for the launch of the Purdue Podcast
Quotes From This Episode
“We want to make sure that students have a really great experience because without them, we wouldn’t be here.” – @abbyeeddy
We're trying to make sure that people have enough time to be proactive rather than reactive to content ideas. Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s free eBook – “50 Best Practices for Email Marketers”
- Visit Purdue University’s website
- Listen to the brand-new Purdue Podcast