About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Zontee Hou, Head of Strategy at Convince & Convert and Lauren Teague, Strategist at Convince & Convert, join the Social Pros Podcast to reveal what changes you need to make in social media during these uncertain times.
Stay connected on social
The social media landscape has changed drastically since the coronavirus spread across the world. In a short matter of time, everything has changed, including how people and brands use social media.
As we continue to navigate through these uncertain times, one thing remains certain – you still need to connect with your audience. The only question that remains is how. How can you connect with your customers, prospects, partners, and team members in a pandemic?
The strategy team at Convince & Convert has worked tirelessly to bring you the 11 changes you need to make to your social media strategy in these crazy times. Sharing a few key findings from this research (see links to the webinar and blog post below) are Zontee Hou, Head of Strategy at Convince & Convert and Lauren Teague, Strategist at Convince & Convert.
In This Episode
- 05:41 – How historical patterns of social media usage have been disrupted
- 08:19 – Why brands need to be more deliberate about what they post
- 09:24 – The importance of providing a human to human connection during these times
- 10:47 – What brands should be listening to right now
- 13:47 – How to use your social accounts to communicate necessary information with your customers
- 19:04 – How to approach the imagery you share on social
- 21:12 – How social media ads have evolved to reflect the new reality we live in
- 23:30 – How to inject humor and entertain audiences without crossing a line
- 27:50 – Why brands need to activate their influencers
- 30:41 – How ideal publishing times have changed during the pandemic
- 34:17 – Whether now is a good time to experiment with different channels
Quotes From This Episode
“Now is the time to go back and refresh those optimal posting times and those engagement times.” – @LaurenTTeague
Providing a human voice is a really important part of this equation. Click To Tweet
“You have to take a much more rigorous approach to what you do post and be really deliberate about when and where the content appears in your different channels.” – @ZonteeHou
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s 50 Best Practices for Email Marketers
- Read the 11 Social Media Changes to Make in a Coronavirus World blog post
- Watch the 11 Things You Must Adjust in Your Social Media During These Crazy Days [webinar]