Skip to main

Why Friends at Work Make You a Better Person

Posted Under: Social Pros Podcast
Hosted By

Anna Hrach

Convince & Convert

Daniel Lemin

Convince & Convert

Erika Lovegreen

ICUC Social
About Social Pros Podcast:

Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.

iTunes Reviews:

It wasn't enough that Jay Baer wrote a book, has an amazing blog and does amazing work -- he now had to add podcasting to his arsenal. Break a leg!

@NathanRKing

I started following Jay on Twitter about a year ago and have really appreciated the great content he has put out. This podcast goes above and beyond though, and really gets to the meat of what is going on in the social and digital media space. Keep up the good work @jaybaer!

@phaskell

This show is so good that I can't stop listening to it. Learn how to use social media and ecommerce to grow your business.

@jacpol74

Thank you so much for providing this not only interesting show, but also fun!

@BrieGF

Shasta Nelson, Friendship Expert, Speaker & Author, talks about the importance of cultivating meaningful friendships with our co-workers and how our relationships impact our health, happiness, longevity, and personal growth.

Please Support Our Sponsors:

Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:

Cultivate Workplace FriendshipsWhy Friends at Work Makes You a Better Person

Did you know that 70% of our happiness comes down to our relationships? Yet, we often focus more on the remaining 30% and neglect to give the other 70% the attention and effort it really deserves.
If you want to be an overall happier and healthier person, Friendship Expert, Speaker & Author, Shasta Nelson, believes it starts and ends with your friendships. As adults, we spend a lot of our time at work. We meet the same people every day and we strike up the same small chat around the water cooler. However, in a world where loneliness is on the rise even before the pandemic, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to foster meaningful relationships in the workplace.
Shasta states that it’s “almost impossible to be happy if you don’t have meaningful relationships,” and provides compelling evidence to support her claims that having friends at work makes you a better and happier person.

In This Episode:

  • 05:52 – Why Shasta is so passionate about helping others cultivate friendships at work
  • 08:24 – Why some companies fail to facilitate friendships within the workplace
  • 13:27 – The correlation between sales success and relationship building with clients
  • 15:52 – The three requirements that every healthy relationship needs
  • 20:24 – How these three relationship requirements correlate with how you should express your brand on social media
  • 25:19 – Whether working from home makes it more difficult to make friends
  • 28:13 – Shasta shares tips for managers for building positivity in the team
  • 31:30 – How we should adjust what we’re doing within our relationships in light of the pandemic
  • 35:20 – How Shasta creates and shares engaging content for social media

Quotes From This Episode:

“It’s almost impossible to be happy if you don’t have meaningful relationships”
61% of us are lonely on a regular basis Click To Tweet

Resources:

Want more great content like this?

A twice-monthly dose of the trends and insights you need to keep you ON top, from each of our team members at Convince & Convert. In each email, our team will recap what happened in digital, what trends are important for marketers to watch, plus some fun surprises that you’ll just have to sign up to see!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Or are you looking to subscribe to one of our podcasts

b2b influencer