About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest or show sponsor, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jill Paider joins Social Pros to discuss the importance of sharing photogenic content on Instagram & how ‘social photography’ has impacted the industry.
Inspiration Fuels Creativity
When most people think about creative minds, they recall world-renown artists, novelists, architects and so on. However, what you might not realize is that social pros are creatives too. It takes a lot of creative thinking to produce and publish great posts and come up with effective marketing strategies that can propel a brand’s growth.
But, can creativity be taught? Or, is it something that only the Leonardo da Vinci’s and Steven Spielberg’s of the world are born with? Jill Paider is an award-winning photographer and creative director. She has published 21 books and believes that inspiration fuels creativity.
The only problem is that if you are a creative, inspiration isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity. You have to learn how to spark inspiration to keep doing the work that you love. You can’t wake up one morning and procrastinate because you weren’t feeling inspired. You’ve got to train your brain to fire on the cylinders and keep the creative juices flowing no matter what.
In This Episode:
- 06:55 – How to train your brain to get into a creative routine
- 09:16 – Why and how to silence the voice of your inner perfectionist
- 12:19 – Tips for balancing travel and work
- 14:03 – How the professional photography industry has been impacted by social photography
- 19:24 – Why photography is deemed as 80% creative and 20% technical
- 22:39 – How to use social to promote books
- 30:28 – How to be patient as a photographer and social media professional
Quotes From This Episode:
“When we develop a routine for something, we train our brain to fire on the cylinders when and where we need it to fire and it actually allows us to do our work in less time.” – @jillpaider
For creatives, staying inspired is not a luxury, it’s a necessity. Click To Tweet
“Instagram is like the Cookie Monster of images. It just keeps eating content and to fuel that engine, you need a lot of very good and consistent imagery of high quality.” – @jillpaider
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Learn how to use emma to help you design stunning emails that ‘win the inbox’
- Read Jill Paider’s book, “Getting Ahead: The Creative’s Guide to Staying Inspired & Doing the Work You Love”