About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Stephanie Liu, the Founder of Lights, Camera, Live, reveals the best practices for live streaming and how to make the most of your live stream content.
Repurpose your Live Streams
Is there more to live streaming than the ‘going live’ part? Stephanie Liu, the Founder of Lights, Camera, Live, knows more about live streaming than anyone we’ve ever had on the show.
Hosting a live stream is one thing, but it’s what you do with that content after the ‘lights go out’ that really matters. Stephanie talked about the importance of repurposing your live stream content because “when you’re top of mind, you’re tip of tongue.” Repurposing content is like creating “digital confetti” that you can spread all over the internet.
Live streaming is one of the best ways to show your audience your expertise and authenticity, making it so much easier for them to build rapport with you. Stephanie shares many useful tips from pre-production to what you can do to build on the original content you have created.
In This Episode:
- 05:30 – The benefits of live vs recorded video
- 06:34 – Whether episodic live content performs better than single execution live streaming
- 08:34 – Stephanie shares her ultimate 10×10 formula for episodic content
- 10:24 – What social channels are better suited for live streaming
- 14:51 – How Stephanie’s company faced the growing desire to live stream as a result of the pandemic
- 16:38 – How to promote your live streams
- 19:08 – Why you should focus on your bare-bone basics to get started with live streams
- 22:18 – How to repurpose your live stream content
- 25:38 – Why social pros have to be open to experiment
- 27:29 – Why you shouldn’t be so quick to dismiss your own opportunities
Quotes From This Episode:
“One of the main benefits of live video is that it gives the impression that you are more authentic”
“Live streaming is like improv. You’ve got to roll with it”
Episodic content is one of the best ways to get loyalty, intent, retention & viewers Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Launch your first LinkedIn campaign with $100!
- Find out more about Lights, Camera, Live
- Read Stephanie’s book, ‘Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing’