Integrating Marketing Services and Customer Support
Kriti Kapoor spent many years in marketing services, working for several large companies and startups alike. She has found dynamic ways to keep her career interesting, and her decision to join HP was driven by the unique opportunity to reach millions of customers around the world.
HP is a pioneer in social customer service. They have been reaching out to customers and solving problems online for years. Kapoor’s role as the head of this division has her overseeing all of the systems, processes, and trainings for the customer service team as they respond to over 100,000 online conversations in seven languages on 104 social media channels across 95 countries each month. She is like a mini CEO for her team of social customer service heroes.
Using Customer Insights for Business Success
But social customer service isn’t just about helping your customers. It provides extremely detailed and valuable information about your audience behaviors, needs, and values. You are on the front lines of customer connection when you’re in customer service, and learning how to effectively engage with and utilize the insights gleaned from these relationships is paramount to overall business growth.
It’s not an easy job, however, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to social customer support, just like any other social media or marketing program isn’t going to work for every audience. It’s important to test user behavior, find out how customers want to listen and respond, develop partnerships with marketing teams to expand your social footprint, and determine what percentage of that traffic is coming from customer support inquiries vs. content marketing efforts. Then, and only then, will you be able to figure out the effectiveness of each program.
In This Episode
- How to choose which platform is right for which type of customer service inquiry
- How to measure customer service success
- How to make the business of solving customer’s problems more fun
- What systems you can put into place to make your customer service support team more efficient
- Understanding the capabilities of different social networks
- How to know whether an inquiry is a customer care question or a marketing question
- Why using a CRM to track customer support is vital to success
- How to integrate technology within your support processes
- Salesforce interview with Kriti Kapoor on HP’s social customer care
- Mark Zuckerberg posts about 1 billion people connecting to Facebook
- HP Support on Twitter
- HP Support on Facebook
- Register your HP product
See you next week!