About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 500+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Adding a Dose of Fun to Tax Content In this trip down memory lane, we’re revisiting an episode with one of our many fantastic guests, Lauren Thomas, Senior Manager of Communications & Social at Intuit Consumer Group. She discussed how innovation helps Intuit see massive social success and how she leads — not manages— the […]
Adding a Dose of Fun to Tax Content
In this trip down memory lane, we’re revisiting an episode with one of our many fantastic guests, Lauren Thomas, Senior Manager of Communications & Social at Intuit Consumer Group. She discussed how innovation helps Intuit see massive social success and how she leads — not manages— the team that drives this success.
Truth be told, tax and budgeting are not the most interesting topics in the world. But somehow, Intuit keeps winning on social by creating content that’s fun, engaging, and educational.
Lauren takes us back to the drawing board where she crafted some of the engaging content Intuit puts out there. We also hear how the brand works with both personal finance and general lifestyle influencers to create relatable content.
In This Episode:
- 03:46 How Lauren wears so many hats in her team
- 05:39 How Lauren uses social listening and insights from Voice of Customer
- 08:27 Why job roles affect how social listening is carried out
- 10:47 How Intuit engages its audience throughout the year
- 13:42 Lauren explains how her team handles the shift in social engagement all year round
- 15:42 How Intuit blends tax and finance content with lifestyle content
- 18:38 Lauren explains how Intuit used Cameo as a unique marketing push
- 22:48 How influencers help Intuit turn serious tax topics into something more engaging
- 26:26 Intuit’s social care team’s approach to protecting personal information
- 33:33 Lauren shares the story behind ending up in the Guinness Book of World Records
- 37:51 How to get leadership to understand your vision
- 41:11 Lauren explains how she helps others operate in the ‘zone of genius’
- 45:12 Lauren’s top tip for those looking to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:“Intuit is very consumer-focused. We really want to understand the voice of our customers and what they’re saying about our products.” Click To Tweet
“We work closely with our team to identify TikTok influencers who are a really great fit for our campaigns and projects.” @HelloLT
“A topic like taxes that can be so heavy, people have a lot of fear and uncertainty around it. So, how do we acknowledge that fear and anxiety and approach it in a way that’s both empathetic but also engaging in a really fun way?” @HelloLT