About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
From Hobby to Business Venture Gaining 1.5 million followers, having a total of seven income streams, and becoming a well-known YouTube influencer all by the age of 25 are successes many of us can only dream of. But, Justin Tse, the CEO of Feature Media, has done it all, and he joins Social Pros to […]
From Hobby to Business Venture
Gaining 1.5 million followers, having a total of seven income streams, and becoming a well-known YouTube influencer all by the age of 25 are successes many of us can only dream of. But, Justin Tse, the CEO of Feature Media, has done it all, and he joins Social Pros to give some insights into how he managed it.
We hear how Justin’s passion for content creation started out as a hobby and how he’s managed to harness that initial wonder as it evolved into a lucrative business. He also shares insider knowledge on how the influencer-brand dynamic works and how to harness it to the fullest.
Alongside practical advice all content creators and influencers can use to perfectly blend their creativity and business acumen, Justin discusses the evolving state of influencer marketing.
In This Episode:
- 05:00 How Justin built a brand with such impressive stats
- 06:57 Justin’s take on product lifespan
- 08:55 Common brand expectations for influencers
- 11:36 What the typical process is for brands and influencers
- 14:12 The dynamics of Justin’s team behind the scenes
- 16:36 Running a media company vs being a lone influencer
- 18:40 The difference between working directly with brands and working with them through agencies
- 23:49 The typical timeframe from brand partnership to the actual content creation
- 25:45 The best way to tap into an influencer’s community
- 28:53 Striking a balance between content creation speed and quality
- 32:50 How Justin stands out as a content creator
- 37:44 How Justin tests the content for his course
- 39:32 Justin’s course and how it helps other content creators
- 46:17 The best place to find Justin’s content on social media
- 43:39 Justin’s advice for anyone looking to become a social pro
Quotes From This Episode:
“I think finding your niche and also being willing to adjust your niche are equally important, especially for a long career.” @JustinTse
“There are a lot of talented creators out there who simply need to look at the business side of things in a certain way to inspire the ultimate setup for a media company or a full-time career.” @JustinTse