About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
Why customer experience drives your brand, the keys to building great customer service habits, and why so few brands are using CX to differentiate.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- Customer experience creates your brand, not the other way around.
- Being consistently amazing is about building amazing habits.
- Why customer experience is the biggest opportunity of 2018.
CX PRESS: Why CX Should be a Part of the Brand [01:04-10:37]
This week’s article is an opinion piece by Joe Heapy of the Drum, entitled, “Why the customer experience function should now be in control of the brand.” The premise here is that the brand marketing team’s job isn’t just about broadcasting because customers judge a company by every interaction they have with it. The article goes on to explain why you need overlap between your brand proposition and your service proposition.
- If you’re running your marketing and branding based on an ad campaign, you’re missing the boat.
- Marketing strategy needs to be created in conjunction with the people who will deliver on the problems marketing solves.
- Figure out what your most remarkable experience is, and use that to get customers in the door.
BOOK REPORT: Be Amazing or Go Home [10:49-20:17]
Shep Hyken started Be Amazing or Go Home when he noticed that his assistant was coming in late to work, which is a problem because his company’s motto is “always be amazing.” What he realized was that being amazing at customer service is really about building a series of amazing habits. The goal is consistent, good service that keeps people coming back over and over again.
- Good customer service habits create a consistently great customer experience.
- How you respond to a customer service problem makes a huge difference in customer loyalty.
- People do business with people, not organizations, and they do more business more often with amazing people.
DISSECTING THE EXPERIENCE: The Forrester CX Index [20:20-27:21]
The annual Customer Service Index from Forrester ranks 314 brands across 21 industries based on a survey of nearly 120,000 US adult customers. This year, they found that from 2016 to 2017 customer experience had worsened across the board. We take a look at the numbers and what we can learn from them.
- Never play to the test with customer service rankings, focus on instilling the customer experience philosophy into your brand instead.
- Forrester’s list is a great place to look for brands that you can emulate.
- With so many companies falling behind, you have an opportunity to break through and become best in class.
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 140% [27:23-29:29]
Individuals that had a great experience with a company spent, on average, spent 140% at that company. If you deliver a great experience, your customers will come back again and again. That’s the ROI on investing in CX.
- Customer experience is a great investment if you want customers who keep coming back.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Why the customer experience function should now be in control of the brand
- Be Amazing or Go Home by Shep Hyken
- Forrester CX Index
- Forbes: Forrester’s US Customer Experience Index: CX Quality Worsened In 2017
See you next week!