About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
The shift in CX towards a living brand experience, the ins and outs of real estate listings, and why the last day of a customer’s experience is as important as their first day.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- How to create a living brand experience.
- Improving the real estate experience.
- Why your customers’ last day with your business is just as important as their first day.
- The reason that customer expectations continue to rise.
CX PRESS: Inside the Living Brand Experience [01:04-8:52]
This week we look at “Inside the Living Brand Experience” by Tali Krakowsky and Jorge Aguilar for CMO.com. This article explains why, while certainly important, data isn’t everything. Instead, the best brands combine head and heart, mixing data and analytics with an experience that is responsive and feeling-based to create a living brand.
Culture is being re-coded, and people expect very different relationships with brands. #CX Click To Tweet
The best brands are combining head and heart. They’re data-driven and analytical, yet they’re responsive and feeling-based as well. @thejoeycoleman #CX Click To Tweet
Customer expectation is evolving quickly. #CX Click To Tweet
- Customer expectation is evolving quickly, and we need to be ready as brands and customer experience professionals to navigate that change.
- We need to handle these shifting expectations by creating an ecosystem that is more human, immediate, seamless, and responsive.
- While technology and analytics are certainly important, we need to remember that feelings and empathy create a fully cohesive experience for our customers when they are living the brand.
DISSECTING THE EXPERIENCE: House Hunters [8:53-20:49]
Joey is moving to Boulder, Colorado and recently went through a house hunting process to find the right place. They had some pretty specific requirements for the kind of house they needed, but looking through the online listings left a lot to be desired.
What blew my mind is that none of these real estate listings had a single video walkthrough. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
It’s incredible, in this world of modern technology and a focus on customer experience, how completely devoid of those things most real estate listings are. #CX. Click To Tweet
If you go to a restaurant and have a great meal but bad service, you’re never coming back. @brewhouse #CX Click To Tweet
There’s a fundamental basic truth of customer experience—you’re always selling, you’re always promoting, and you’re always creating an experience. @thejoeycoleman #CX Click To Tweet
- It’s 2018—use video. Give video tours of your product, service, or experience to let people see and hear in real time what it’s like.
- Take five extra seconds to take a good picture.
- If you’re renting a house, upload a floor plan—not everyone can imagine your product as easily as you can.
- The experience of you, the person selling the product or service, is every bit as important as the quality of the product or service.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: Exiting Your Business [20:49-28:18]
Joey came across a Facebook Live video from a friend regarding an accounting service that he had previously been vocal about recommending. However, they made the exit process so miserable that he posted specifically to explain why he won’t recommend them anymore.
The way we treat customers that leave us says a lot to the customers who stay. #CX Click To Tweet
How do we make the last day of doing business with us as much of an experience as the first day? #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
He was a loyal supporter, but they made the exiting experience so negative that he’s never going back. #CX Click To Tweet
If you want your customers to stay, make it easy for them to leave. #CX Click To Tweet
- If you want your customers to stay, make it easy for them to leave.
- Don’t force customers to switch channels instead of trying to take up more time.
- Make the day your customer leaves as great as the day they sign up—they might come back or continue to refer you.
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 47% [28:19-31:34]
47% of online shoppers are willing to pay more for same-day delivery. This statistic comes from “Three Ways Your Shoppers Have Changed and How to Keep Up in the Digital Age,” a new ebook from OracleCX.
Our customers want the immersive experience—anticipatory, immediate, and happening right now. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
As customers realize something is possible, it becomes the expectation. #CX @dgingiss Click To Tweet
47% of online shoppers are willing to pay more for same-day delivery. #CX Click To Tweet
- As customers realize something is possible, it becomes the expectation.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- “Inside The Living Brand Experience” by Tali Krakowsky and Jorge Aguilar
- Episode 17 – Trendy, Chewy, and Every!
- “3 Ways Your Retail Shoppers Have Changed and How to Keep Up in the Digital Age” from Smarter CX
- Smarter CX by Oracle
- Oracle CX Performance Assessment
See you next week!