About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- An in-depth look at how Nespresso has perfected the customer experience lifecycle.
- Will digital wallets create a revolution in seamless customer experience, or is it further off than we think?
- When your new CX technology turns into a customer experience problem.
- The changes coming to B2B buying.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: Hotel Light Feedback [01:01–08:54]
Today we’re looking at a story that comes from a listener, Kyle, who used the SpeakPipe widget to leave us a message in response to our segment about hotel night lights in episode 34. He was excited to find that his room had the same function, but when it started to flicker and turn on at random, things got a little more interesting.
If you’re going to install new technology into your customer experience, you need to make sure it works. #CX Click To Tweet
Companies need to test whether they’re innovating for innovation’s sake or to actually create a better experience. @thejoeycoleman #CX Click To Tweet
Customers don’t blame technology providers even if it’s their fault. #CX Click To Tweet
The experience that we create is only ever as good as the one our partners and vendors create. #CX Click To Tweet
- Technology can make the customer experience much better, but it also has to function properly, or it can become a source of frustration.
- When a customer is having a problem, it is essential that businesses react quickly.
- This segment comes from a listener story. Use the SpeakPipe widget, and you can be on the show!
CX PRESS: Nespresso [08:56–17:46]
This week, we check in with the Tin Cans and String Blog by Becky Roemen to look at the article, “The Caffeinated Tale of Nespresso & How They Do Customer Experience Right.” Becky breaks down how Nespresso nails the customer experience lifecycle, and why it’s so easy to share her enthusiasm with others.
Does your product or service create shareable moments? #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
More people are purchasing based on experience than on price than at any other time in human history. #CX. @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
Ensure that the entire customer experience lifecycle is connected and fluid. @dgingiss #CX Click To Tweet
Millennial buyers will choose brands over others if they’re more sustainable. @dgingiss #CX Click To Tweet
- Like Nespresso, make sure that your entire customer experience lifecycle is connected and fluid.
- Make it easy for customers to do business with you.
- Sustainability is important, and brands are going to held to a higher standard in this area as time goes by.
AGREE TO DISAGREE: Digital Wallets [17:47–27:35]
Dan recently wrote an article for Forbes called, “Cash or Credit? Try Asking Your Customer.” It came in response to a couple of interesting experiences he had at Epic Burger and another local Chicago restaurant that both didn’t take cash. Then, Dan had to catch a Metra train at another station and was faced with a machine that would only accept cash. He and Joey discuss the cashless revolution that may or may not be coming.
Cash is probably a little bit further from going away than we think. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
When I worked for a credit card company, our biggest competitor was cash. #CX @dgingiss Click To Tweet
Uber and Lyft have been so successful because they’ve made the experience entirely cashless. #CX Click To Tweet
A digital wallet will be great when it can finally replace the wallet in my pocket. @dgingiss #CX Click To Tweet
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 41% and 26% [27:36–30:55]
41% of buyers prefer the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, while 26% prefer marketplace platforms like Alibaba or Amazon. This comes from the Oracle report, “The Next Generation of B2B Purchasing: Millennials, Marketplaces, and Digital Buying Preferences.”
41% of buyers prefer the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, while 26% prefer marketplace platforms like Alibaba or Amazon. #CX Click To Tweet
More B2B business is being done in places that didn’t exist 10 years ago. #CX Click To Tweet
- 41% of buyers prefer the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, while 26% prefer marketplace platforms like Alibaba or Amazon.
- Check out the full report on Smarter CX by Oracle.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Episode 34 – Punks, Chains, and Nightlights!
- “The Caffeinated Tale of Nespresso & How They Do Customer Experience Right” by Becky Roemen
- “Cash Or Credit? Try Asking Your Customer” by Dan Gingiss
- The Next Generation of B2B Purchasing: Millennials, Marketplaces, and Digital Buying Preferences
- Smarter CX by Oracle
- Oracle CX Performance Assessment
See you next week!