About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
How one company lets you use snail mail to create surprise and delight for your customers, the little things that can make a big impact on the experience, and what blockchain means for the future of CX.
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- Why attention to the little things is what creates surprise and delight for your customers.
- A company that gives you the chance to use mementos to make a lasting impression.
- Blockchain and the future of CX.
- Why the customer experience glass is half full for some CX leaders, and half empty for others.
SAY WHAT?!: Punkpost [01:08-11:56]
If you have a work email address, you know that it’s common to get a hundred emails or more in a day, and that the emails from salespeople wind up in the digital garbage can. In Dan’s article for Forbes, “3 Ways to Stand Out From All the Other Salespeople,” he suggests snail mail as a way to create surprise and delight and stand out from the crowd. We look at Punkpost, a company that will send custom-made, handwritten cards on your behalf.
When you receive hundreds of emails a day, the ones from salespeople go to the bottom of the pile. #CX Click To Tweet
When you get snail mail at work, you open it because it stands out. #CX Click To Tweet
People don’t print out emails and hang them near their desk, but they’ll put up a Punkpost card. #CX Click To Tweet
A memento of the interaction that’s unique will create surprise and delight, and your customers will hold onto it. #CX Click To Tweet
- Snail mail stands out in the sea of emails, and if you’re in sales, you have to do something to stand out.
- Handwritten notes are a great way to be personal.
- Using a service like Punkpost can create surprise and delight and makes for a remarkable customer experience.
CX PRESS: Blockchain [11:58-21:46]
This week we’re looking at the article “How Blockchain Could Transform The Customer Experience,” by Kaye Chapman of Comm100 for Customer Think. We dig into what blockchain is and how it will impact CX in the future, and we even hear from the author herself.
Blockchain technology is already here, and we need to be aware of it because it’ll affect tomorrow. #CX @dgingiss @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
Blockchain has the potential to enhance #CX. Click To Tweet
Don’t ever send a link that isn’t going to be live when the customer clicks on it. #CX Click To Tweet
When your bank loses your information or gets hacked, your opinion of that bank gets changed forever. #CX Click To Tweet
- Blockchain technology is already here, and we need to be aware of it because it’ll affect the customer experience of tomorrow.
- Anything that makes customer experience easier is worth paying attention to.
- Security and privacy are so critical right now, which makes them huge contributors to the customer experience.
THIS JUST HAPPENED: How Night Lights Can Create Surprise and Delight [21:47-29:43]
We stay in a lot of hotels, so naturally, we tend to pick up on the little things, like whether or not you can actually fill the iron in the sink. However, we also notice those personal touches that create surprise and delight—things someone would only think of if they had actually slept in that room.
The bedside table had a motion-activated light below it to light your way. #CX Click To Tweet
Someone had to step in the customer’s shoes to understand where to put that light. @dgingiss #CX Click To Tweet
We can design for the #CX at the outset, or we can retrofit to fit the customer experience. @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
- The little things matter; they create surprise and delight because they’re also memorable.
- When you’re staying in a hotel, safety matters.
- Memorable experiences demonstrate a real understanding of walking in the customer’s shoes.
CHECK OUT THIS NUMBER: 47% [29:45-33:35]
47% of modern customer experience leaders are considered optimists—they say their current CX strategy isn’t performing at its best, but they’re preparing for the future. On the other hand, 43% of modern customer experience leaders say they are skeptical of their current CX strategy. They think that it’s under-performing, and that they’re not prepared for the future. This comes from the SmarterCX.com infographic, “Are All Modern CX Leaders Skeptics?”
47% of modern #CX leaders are optimistic about their CX strategy, while 43% are skeptical. Click To Tweet
Customer experience is really difficult because so much is changing all of the time. #CX @thejoeycoleman Click To Tweet
- Whether you’re an optimist or a skeptic, it’s important to recognize that customer experience is really difficult because so much is changing all of the time.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- “3 Ways to Stand Out From All the Other Salespeople” by Dan Gingiss
- “How Blockchain Could Transform the Customer Experience” by Kaye Chapman
- “Are All Modern CX Leaders Skeptics?” on SmarterCX
- Smarter CX by Oracle
See you next week!