About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the most popular marketing podcasts in the world, and was recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards. Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN, and dozens more staff, operate, and measure their social media programs.
Thank you to our sponsor ICUC Social.
To inquire to be or recommend a guest, please email email@example.com.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Tressie Lieberman, Vice President, Digital Marketing and Off-Premise at Chipotle, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how the popular taco and burrito chain acquired outstanding feedback and engagement from a single TikTok promotion.
Yes, you need a social media team
No matter how much of a ‘social pro’ you are, you won’t get far without the help of an incredible social media team.
Someone who understands this better than anyone is Tressie Lieberman, Vice President, Digital Marketing and Off-Premise at Chipotle. Tressie and her team have helped Chipotle (the masterminds behind the world’s greatest tacos and burritos) skyrocket social engagement through smart influencer marketing, active social listening and genius promotions.
One of these promotions has amassed over 1.4 billion views on TikTok (yes, you read that correctly). On this delicious episode of the show, Tressie reveals the ingredients that went into creating such a wildly successful social media promotion and doesn’t hold back on sharing her best insights and tips for B2C brands who want to reach the same level of success.
In This Episode
- 04:52 – The key role that communication plays when juggling multiple locations and employees
- 06:02 – How Chipotle uses social as an integral tool to learn more about their customers
- 08:40 – How Chipotle segment their target audiences by channel
- 09:39 – A look at how the social team at Chipotle operates across different channels and expertise
- 13:35 – What Chipotle looks for in an ‘ideal influencer’
- 16:46 – How Chipotle gained 1.4 billion views for a single promotion on TikTok
- 24:37 – How Chipotle set up their initial colonization plan for TikTok
- 27:00 – How the customer service team gets involved in social
- 31:59 – How Chipotle’s legal team helps to guide the company in terms of contracts and other relevant factors
Quotes From This Episode
“We want the brand to feel connected no matter where people are.” – @tressliebermanYou have to have a bias for action. If you don't get out there and start trying new things, you're not going to learn. Click To Tweet
“The team is just constantly raising the bar and getting smarter about the type of content we create.” – @tresslieberman