About Experience This!:
Welcome to Experience This! where you’ll find inspiring examples of customer experience, great stories of customer service, and tips on how to make your customers love you even more. Always upbeat and definitely entertaining, customer retention expert Joey Coleman and social media expert Dan Gingiss serve as your hosts for a weekly dose of positive customer experience. This show will help you attract and keep more customers so you can grow your business, increase your profits, and have more fun in the process. A fun collection of quick-hit segments filled with deep learning and takeaways, you don’t want to miss this audio experience!
Apple Podcast Reviews:
Love these characters! Joey and Dan break down the customer experience, uh, experience, in a fun way.by Brief is the New Black
Such a great pair! I have followed both of these guys online for a while and was stoked that they teamed up for a podcast. The podcast is super easy to listen to and provides a lot of insight that is actionable for my work. Excited for what is to come. Thanks Joey and Dan!marykmetcalf
Customer loyalty is most vulnerable when they are being transitioned from sales to management/maintenance. Keep your customers happy here and you’ll earn their business for years to come. So don’t pull a CX bait-and-switch by fumbling the handoff!
Bite-Sized Delight From the Episode:
- How substitute expressions can cut the tension and keep your brand human during tough situations.
- Why going above and beyond will always pay off when it comes to customer loyalty.
- The transition from sales to customer retention sets the tone for your relationship… handle them with care!
SAY WHAT?!: Substitute Expressions [01:00 – 04:50]
Gosh darn it and gee willikers are making a comeback! Well, not yet but they can. Employing substitute expressions is a silly but effective way of making a more personalized and less robotic connection with a customer.
Using substitute expressions is a fun and humorous way to empathize with a customer who's having a problem. #CX Click To Tweet
Something that might be funny or quirky to you might be offensive to the person you're talking to. #CX Click To Tweet
- Don’t swear at CX reps because they are the ones who can truly make your problems go away.
- Creatively expressing frustration using substitute expressions can connect you with customers without offending them.
- Be careful of the words you use. Even substitute expressions can have unintended consequences.
I LOVE IT/CAN’T STAND IT! – Cable Companies [04:50 – 22:16]
Customer experience is a powerful tool when it comes to changing or improving your image. Even the most hated of industries are successfully changing the conversation around their brand through stellar experiences.
- In the current era of mobile technology, accessibility is king.
- All it takes is one stellar customer care experience to win permanent loyalty.
- When it comes to snagging a customer for life, think through and optimize their first-hand experience with your product.
CX PRESS: Customer Service Reminder – Don’t Drop the Ball on the Handoffs [22:16 – 28:20]
The larger the company, the more hands a customer passes through on their sales journey. To keep them happy and turn one purchase into repeat purchases, make sure every step of the process is seamless across employees.
The original employee who talks to the customer should always be the responsible one to follow up on the request. #CX Click To Tweet
Anytime there is a handoff between employees, guard it with your life. #CX http://bit.ly/2gHKPu4 Click To Tweet
- The moment an employee promises something to the customer, then delegates the work to someone else, your customer care delivery is in question.
- The customer experience and relationship should stay the same from sales pitch all the way through to account management and maintenance.
- Keep your customers happy by ensuring they don’t have to repeat themselves to every single agent they interact with.
Be a Part of the Show!
We’d love to hear about your great customer experiences, which segments you like, and your ideas for future episodes!
Are You Looking for Things We Referenced?
- Reach for these words when #@$&! won’t do by Eric Zorn
- Customer Service Reminder: Don’t Drop The Ball On The Handoffs by Micah Solomon
See you next week!