About Social Pros Podcast:
Social Pros is one of the longest-running marketing podcasts in existence (10 YEARS and counting), and was recently recognized as the #1 Audio/Podcast Series by the Content Marketing Awards.
Our purpose? Making sure that we speak to real people doing real work in social media.
Listeners get inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how teams at companies like Google, Reddit, Glossier, Zillow, Lyft, Marvel, and dozens more, staff, operate, and measure their social media programs. With 600+ episodes, the Social Pros Podcast brings the humanity of social media to the forefront, while providing incredibly useful marketing strategies that listeners can immediately implement.
Follow Social Pros on LinkedIn.
Sponsored by: ICUC
To inquire about becoming a guest, please email our Executive Producer, Leanna Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apple Podcast Reviews:
The Social Pros podcast has quickly become a favorite in my feed! I'm consistently impressed by the engaging conversations, insightful content, and actionable ideas. I truly learn something every time I listen!@Arlie K
This is absolutely an awesome listen for anyone in communications or social media!!@Will31C
This podcast has become one of my staple weekly podcasts for learning about marketing! Love the conversations that they have and it's always enjoyable and educational!@Simonstone95
Love the podcast - informative, in depth and spot on for any business size.@MissTriathlon
Jenn Herman, Instagram Expert from Jenn’s Trends, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how Instagram’s core strategies have not changed in years and what businesses can do to grow their accounts.
Instagram’s core strategies haven’t changed
Since its launch back in 2010, Instagram has continued to reign as one of the most popular social media platforms of all time. One billion people use Instagram each month, and although the platform often releases new features, it has stayed very true to its origins.
Instagram is about so much more than sharing photos and videos with friends and family. It has become a vital tool for businesses that leverage Instagram’s features to reach new audiences and engage with existing customers.
Jenn Herman is an Instagram Expert and the world’s forefront blogger on Instagram marketing. She claims that although small things have changed (the introduction of Instagram Reels, for example), the platform’s core strategies have not changed in years. You can still use the same core strategies to help grow your account and gain a following.
In This Episode:
- 03:24 – How Jenn helped write “The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing”
- 05:41 – How Instagram’s core strategies have not changed in years
- 07:06 – Why you shouldn’t post TikTok content on Instagram Reels
- 10:41 – How to create authentic reels
- 13:25 – Whether it’s time for brands to post more light-hearted content
- 16:09 – Why TikTok and Instagram usage has increased during the pandemic
- 22:23 – How Jenn and her co-writers wrote their book virtually and how they segmented topics
- 29:15 – How to keep a book about social media marketing relevant and up-to-date
Quotes From This Episode:
“Instagram hasn’t changed… most of its core strategies have not changed in years”
If you want to stand out, you have to stand out from the noise Click To Tweet
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Learn more about Jenn’s Trends
- Read “The Ultimate Guide to Social Media Marketing”
- Jenn’s book, “Instagram For Business For Dummies”
- Read Jenn’s book, “Instagram For Dummies”